A new home for my ball python

This is for anything with regards to reptiles which is not species specific or over a broad band of reptiles. Be it husbandry, caging, etc. you can post it here.

A new home for my ball python

Postby confused » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:43 am

I decided to build my ball python a new home. I built it out of 4mm reinforced glass and tounge and groove floor boarding not realizing how much its going to way. Its almoast complete just going to add a couple of more things and then its just getting the temp and humidty rite. Heres some pics. I cant seem to get any of my pics down to 200kb
Never Fight with idiots they will drag you down to their level and beat you!
confused
SA Reptiles Member

Re: A new home for my ball python

Postby Westley Price » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:47 pm

Confused, please at least pretend lie you are trying to adhere to the forum rules regarding grammar and spelling.

Your post should read:

confused wrote:I decided to build my ball python a new home. I built it out of 4mm reinforced glass and tongue and groove floor boarding not realizing how much its going to weigh. Its almost complete just going to add a couple of more things and then its just getting the temp and humidity right. Here's some pics. I cant seem to get any of my pics down to 200kb

Please man, this is not asking too much. We are not beating down on people for omitting an apostrophe or simple cr@p like that; we simply ask for a bit of effort getting the spelling and grammar close to correct.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby confused » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:30 pm

OK ILL JUST RMOVE THE POST THEN
confused
SA Reptiles Member

Postby confused » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Could one of the admin please remove this post due to my incorrect spelling that westly so kindly pointed out. I shall not be posting again. I only joined this site for my love of reptiles and not to be crapped apon for my spelling. I know my spelling sucks. Thanks
confused
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Spell checker is a free programme that makes it possible for the rest of the world to understand you.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby confused » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Like i said please remove this topic. My tablets spell checker doesnt work on this site. Im going stop useing this site as its more about the spelling than the reptiles. Thought it was a better site than what it actullay is. BUT WE ALL A WRONG AT SOME POINT IN OUR LIVES SORRY IF YOU ARE SO PERFICT THAT YOU DONT MAKE MISSTAKES
confused
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:31 am

Perfect does not have an "I" in it. Mistakes has one S in it. Using is not useing. Actually is not spelt actullay either. Tablets should have an apostophe before the s so that it reads tablet's to show ownership. Usually when referring to yourself, you use a capital I and not i. Do not start a sentence with the word "but". There should be a full stop after LIVES.

All Westley asked for is a bit more diligence when posting and asked for a bit more effort with both grammar and spelling. Is that too much to ask for?

Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby confused » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Hahahahahaha bunch of dicks looks like you are more intrested in spelling and grammer than reptiles thats fine but its not what im about atleast ill carry on with my life, and not sweat sh!t like this. :D :D :D
confused
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jaroo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:30 pm

Seems like all forums need a spelling test that you need to pass before you become a member because too much time is being spent on complaining about other peoples mistakes. It detracts from the site and is actually quite unpleasant. I'm pretty sure confused doesn't make the mistakes on purpose. I don't think making people to scared to post anything on this site is going to help anyone either.

I don't think I'm an idiot, but spelling and grammar aren't my strong point. I spent 7 years studying with what I guess is quite an elite group of South African animal lovers and don't think we ever complained about someone else's spelling. I joined this group because I have an interest in reptiles and would like to be able to provide a more informed service to my exotic pet owners, but all this I feel is missing the point. If someone's spelling is that offensive to you then cant we rather send a private message in future or email saying " sorry buddy, could you please just read over your messages in future and try and correct some of the mistakes, it would just make everything a bit easier." Rather than people publically having a go at each other?

We do all have the same interests here and joined this forum to share our love and excitement with other like minded people, not to have them make us feel stupid, even if that wasn't their intention.

This message has been read over twice, I apologise in advance for any spelling or grammar errors. If they offend you I suggest you take it up with the department of education, in particularly the one in the Eastern Cape, because that seems to be where we poor, sensitive spellers seem to be originating from.
jaroo
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jaroo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 pm

And guys I think confused was also asking for advice on how to post pictures so that he could share his tank with us. I think he might have even been wanting some advice from some of the more experienced guys on this forum. I have been having the same trouble with uploading pictures so I'm afraid I cant help him out in that department. I know the generic forum answer to that question is usually "it has been discussed before under a previous thread, go find it" or "look under FAQ's it explains it there" so you can try those Confused, sorry if that doesn't help but I am not much of a computer expert myself.

I have spent my whole life looking for snakes and have kept a few over the years.I have a few ball pythons at the moment but am no expert so would like to follow this thread.

Lets try getting those pictures posted Confuse? And then hopefully we can have some good input from the big ball guys?

Spelling is always an issue on forums, but I'm sure we can find a better way to address it? or am I just a dreamer?
jaroo
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:15 pm

per·fect (pûrfkt)
adj.

1. Person who puts his pride aside long enough to receive help from other people with like minded hobbies.
2. Mom who doesn't buy a tablet for her son who doesn't want to listen in school.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Jaroo the difference is exactly what you mentioned. You went through your post twice and then posted. That's all we ask for.

Even in his last rant he still could not be bothered to even punctuate that properly. "Interested" is spelt wrong as is "grammar" "that's" "I'm" and "at least" so how much effort could he have gone to?

If you know you are dyslexic or cannot spell then at least type the post in a Word document, spell check it and then cut and paste it. I don't want to have to decipher or guess what anybody means. As we said before a few letters in the wrong place are not an issue but we just ask that you put in a bit of effort.

If Jaroo can take our message to heart why cannot others do the same. English is not even Westley's home language or first language and he can see your mistakes.

Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby jaroo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Unfortunatly nobody is perfect, my phone doesn't have a spell check for me to use and not one of our posts have helped this forum it would seem. Heck it has all just made me want to criticize other members posts which is the very thing I think we shouldn't be doing in public to start with.

Dyslexics beware
jaroo
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Sorry for being so smug Jaroo. Confused can always start fresh from post 17.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby confused » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:29 pm

I do not think I will be starting fresh because of the criticism on this site. I can't help my spelling. English is not my first language ether. I can't believe people care more about the spelling and grammar than what the post was actually about. I have now joined some very informative sites in the states. Guess what they do not care about my spelling and they still understand what I am trying to ask. Just come's to show how South Africans are against their own kind. Long live the reptiles you all supposedly care about :lol:
confused
SA Reptiles Member

Next

Return to General Reptile Keeping