Feeding my cresty

Feeding my cresty

Postby merchant » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi guys,
I have a question, I have been doing a lot of research on my cresty but one thing is till confusing me.
I am feeding it crickets/roaches and baby food. He is 3 months old, now how often should I be feeding the live food and baby puree and how often do I add calcium & D3 & multivitamins to his food.

Everyone says something else and it varies a bit so I am worried that I might be doing something wrong.

Thanks
merchant
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Feeding my cresty

Postby Eliz-uk » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:40 pm

hi there!

I like to mix up the feeding regime with mine some days he has baby food, then other days crickets. I occasionally feed him a few hoppers for a change, now im going to give soft mango as go next week, fingers crossed! I always put a small amount of Arkivits and Nutrobal on everything, just in case!
Eliz-uk
SA Reptiles Member

Postby merchant » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Hi Eliz-uk, do you feed yours everyday or every other day?
merchant
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Eliz-uk » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:59 pm

Usually everyday but sometimes i would do it every other just to mix it up a bit, obviously the baby food goes a bit scummy so i change that but as long as he's eating like a horse your all good!
Eliz-uk
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Eliz-uk » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:21 pm

As long as its no longer than 2 days feed him when you like!
Eliz-uk
SA Reptiles Member

Postby bryan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Hey
I use crested gecko diet only!keeps them in shape!(if i go away for a weekend ill throw a tub of crickets in with calcium powder)
Iv got one hatchling for sale if anyone is keen? R700 0836452071
bryan
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Eliz-uk » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi Bryan!

What crestie diet do you use? A lot that I have tried seem to dislike it and from research and knowledge from sources, most of the diets now contain ash, one of which my crestie and others I know of dislike!
I have however found that many people are making their own dried mix which is completely natural, and no difference from baby food, just obviously dried. Seems to be working well :)
Eliz-uk
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:48 pm

I wouldn't use the baby food it's so high in sugar. Stick to the Crested Gecko Diet much much better.
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby merchant » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Thanks for all the info. At the moment i give them food everyday and alternate between organic baby foof with no added sugar or preservatives and cricks or roaches so that part seems fine but how often should calcium, d3 and multi vitams be added?
Also i am in cape town does anyone know where i can get gecko diet from, been seaching and checking online but for the life of me cant find any?
merchant
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Geckos