looking for person with female carpet which is read to mate

Re: looking for person with female carpet which is read to mate

Postby Carpetpythons » Sat May 22, 2010 12:30 am

Talking about life expectancy, in 1994 or 1995 I had the pleasure of dealing with some Furcifur labordi. These chameleons adapted perfectly to the climate in Joburg. They also only had a lifespan of just a little more than a year. Luckily I had a grasp on their breeding too so the numbers that died were replaced. There were also some carpet chameleons available and I found them to be very attractive. My favourite was a Calumma parsonnii cristifer male that I kept for many years and thrived at low temperatures and high humidity. It was bright blue and had bright orange stumps on it's nose. In those days nobody bred live foods and lizard keeping was very labour intencive. You needed to catch your livefood or know somebody at the SABS to supply you with cockroaches or flies. The variety of lighting and heating was also extremely limited. I am glad to see chameleon keeping has taken off well in SA.
Carpetpythons
SA Reptiles Member

Re: looking for person with female carpet which is read to mate

Postby Chameleon Company » Mon May 24, 2010 12:01 pm

ok this thread really went in all directions! haha

F. labordi? Nice little chams those.... i suppose non are around anymore in SA.

See to keep chameleons with such a short life span wont be an easy task..... as you mentioned.

Nice to hear though that labordi were in our country at some time
2:2 Pseudaspis cana
1:2 Dasypeltis scabra

And yes they are all on permit.
Chameleon Company
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Chameleons