I got my baby

Re: I got my baby

Postby Chamssss » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:29 am

Okay...well I still havnt had a problem with any crickets, pin heads etc.
Yes gutloading is really good, I don't know about putting the calcium powder in the crickets food but what I do with my roaches is feed the dog/cat food pellets, and then I put carrots, lettuce, and any other vegetables or fruit like banana, pears, apple, etc but there are some foods you cannot feed them.
Veileds can get MBD extremely easily so you must make sure you have the supplementing down and right.
Its good that he is drinking chams can go fairly long without food but if they are not eating properley you will notice it immediately by the way they look.
And then about the crickets that are dieing are you sure they aren't dieing from the cold? I left crickets in the cold and they were stiff the next day with half of them dead but the other half just stiff and when they warmed up they were fine again.
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby RoCkFoRdGuN » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:56 am

Chamms i actually added the dog food thing :P
Cause im checking the temp all the time and its here by 20 in the room but its moer cold these past few days tho.
RoCkFoRdGuN
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chamssss » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Yeah its way too cold to be putting him outside these days. I would put him outside if the outside temps are atleast 25 degrees. Make sure his basking spot is nice and warm, babies grow faster if they are kept quite warm.
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby RoCkFoRdGuN » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Ok cool only thing is i dont wanna carry him around to much cause im scared ill make him more stressed
RoCkFoRdGuN
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chameleon Company » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:21 pm

@ Leon, i agree with everything you said!
2:2 Pseudaspis cana
1:2 Dasypeltis scabra

And yes they are all on permit.
Chameleon Company
SA Reptiles Member

Postby RoCkFoRdGuN » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:30 am

His eating at last came to mu house yesterday only 3 pinheads left
put a ice cream tub at the bottom with pin heads in and presto

RoCkFoRdGuN
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chamssss » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Wonder why that is Paul, you told him everything that he said in this thread? :roll: lol :D

RockFordGun glad to hear your chameleon is eating, I dont know if that is just a bad picture but his eye doesnt look 100% normal. Can you maybe post a few more pictures of him.
How much is he eating and how often does he drink?

Cheers
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby RoCkFoRdGuN » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi Chammss must be the pic hey was at night and he was on his way to sleep :P
He gets misted 3 times a day i dunno how much his drinking cause in the week im only home at 4 ill try to take some pics in the day
Put about 15 or so crickets in today came back was about 5 or 6 left
RoCkFoRdGuN
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Leon_Kun » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:41 am

Actually Chamsss, Paul didn't tell me everything I wrote.
Its things I picked up in due course.
Some things I picked up from Paul some from other breeders some from care sheets, but hey unfortunately we can't all be perfect like you that knows everything :shock:

Rockfordgun I'm glad that he's eating now it should go better now that he's eating and drinking.
Just check because pinheads might be a tad small for him, check for extra small to small crickets.
1.2.0 Python molurus bivittatus
0.0.1 Epicrates Cenchria Maurus
2.4.0 B. c. constrictor
1.1.0 Epicrates cenchria cenchria
1.1.0 Python Regius
1.1.0 Python reticulatus
1.1.0 Trimeresurus purpureomaculatus
1.1.0 Trimeresurus albolabris
0.0.1 Varanus exanthematicus
Just for the love of reptiles.
Leon_Kun
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chamssss » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:42 am

Okay cool, yeah it must be the picture and the fact that he was about to sleep.

Leon I did not say I know everything, I talk from personal experience, how much personal experience do you have with chameleons?
I also talk to other breeders, I get my jacksons from the biggest breeder in S.A doubt anyone know who even is ;)
And I also learn what I know from the european and american chameleon breeders.
Veileds are like chicken sh!t compared to them.
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kinghero » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:48 am

Hay rock nice chameleon !!!

Let's start, had a look at the pick, he should be able to eat very small to small so check if they fit between the eyes if they do he can eat, get of the pinheads they don't feed well enough and they suck ass to keep alive.

Most ckrickets breath through they're body so the pin heads can't breath with the calcium dusting ( chamss you will find a lot of web pages where you can have a look at the anatomy of crickets that will staff this ) also rock make sure that you chameleon don't eat dead food ( once they die they start decomposing and that's not good for them ) in larger crickets ( medium and up) they don't die as fast with the calcium dusting but my advice would be after a day replace food.

Also. I don't recomend putting the food in a diff tub once you're an small crickets ( it makes you chameleon lazy and gives them trouble aiming? ( What's the point of having a fat chameleon that can't aim ) I mean really lol

Next I have two baby veildes whom I handle every day but when feeding they don't want me there so here is my advice on that handle the lill one but leave him when he eats ( the chameleon must get used to people in an out the house and dogs barking it must get used to stuff like that otherwise you will end up having a chameleon that gets stressed for anything. What you don't do is the following
Don't put your chameleon by a mirror as they don't like they're own kind
Don't put its cage close to a window it will long to get out.

Ok if you have a sunny day outside put the chameleon outside even if there is a cold breez ( just don't leave them to long also if its very hot they overheat so again not to long)

Chamss what Jacksons do you have ?

Al and al everything said by every one you can use what works for you and leave the rest in afrikaans wed say " behou die goie en lat staan die #$%^ " if you ever want advice I know for a fact the man to speak to would be Chameleon company he knows everything about everything
kinghero
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kinghero » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:17 am

Chamssss wrote:Okay cool, yeah it must be the picture and the fact that he was about to sleep.

Leon I did not say I know everything, I talk from personal experience, how much personal experience do you have with chameleons?
I also talk to other breeders, I get my jacksons from the biggest breeder in S.A doubt anyone know who even is ;)
And I also learn what I know from the european and american chameleon breeders.
Veileds are like chicken sh!t compared to them.

Ok chamss you're 16 howmuch exp do you really have ( yes a lot of the stuff you say is true but a lot uf the stuff you say seems read and not exp)

Like I said what kind of jacksons do you have and pls do tell who Is the biggest breeder in sa ?
kinghero
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Leon_Kun » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:12 am

Chamsss I don't care about who the f^&* the biggest breeder in the world is (Arno, Heidi, Westely, Mitton you give me a warning or block my acoount for this comment if you want) the fact of the matter is not who breeds what and who you know, I know graeme and he is extremely good with his venomous specie, guess what I don't know if even knowing will help me always.
As for experience my first veileds where charity cases so I know about D3 complexes and sh!t as my female that I took had such bad mbd that she couldn't even hold on and for two years I spent keeping her alive and to even eat.

I've also spoken to david and cr@p does that make me an expert? NO!!!!
Guess the stuff that I've learned through my own experience makes you pissed off cause you didn't say it first?

Well enjoy as D3 can't be produced just through calcium they need sunlight.

Enjoy yourself.
1.2.0 Python molurus bivittatus
0.0.1 Epicrates Cenchria Maurus
2.4.0 B. c. constrictor
1.1.0 Epicrates cenchria cenchria
1.1.0 Python Regius
1.1.0 Python reticulatus
1.1.0 Trimeresurus purpureomaculatus
1.1.0 Trimeresurus albolabris
0.0.1 Varanus exanthematicus
Just for the love of reptiles.
Leon_Kun