Curly Hair Sling

Curly Hair Sling

Postby gekosin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:20 am

Hi everyone.

I am busy doing research before possibly getting a curly hair. I just wanted to check if there is a care sheet specific to keeping slings as I cant seem to find info on keeping them? I understand the basics about habitat and such but the more specific info on feeding schedule and molting is very vague or non-existent. Can anyone possibly help?
Proud Parent Of -

4.0.0 Corn Snake (Ghost Striped, Anery, Amber Stripe Corn)
0.3.0 Corn Snake (Normal, High Bloodred, Motley Gold Dust)
gekosin
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Curly Hair Sling

Postby ColinWa » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:19 am

Curly hairs are probably one of the most easy T's too look after in my experience, I spray the substrate now and then, letting it dry out though else mould becomes a problem. Feeding wise, for a sling I put 2-4 pinheads in the enclosure once a week, slings moult quite often but will slow down when they get bigger. Try keep the sling in a small container with very small holes as slings can get through suprinsingly small spaces. Other than that there's not much to really worry about, also don't let it get too hot or too cold either. In summer I don't have any extra heat on my T's, but in winter I find it to be neccesarry. Seeing as these days in snows in Benoni :lol:
"I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man"
ColinWa
SA Reptiles Member

Postby gekosin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:23 am

Awesome! Thanks for the reply! Definitely considering more now. Will decide once I am satisfied that I'm looking after my scorpion properly.
Proud Parent Of -

4.0.0 Corn Snake (Ghost Striped, Anery, Amber Stripe Corn)
0.3.0 Corn Snake (Normal, High Bloodred, Motley Gold Dust)
gekosin
SA Reptiles Member

Postby ColinWa » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:33 am

You'll find that after you've raised your sling to about sub adult you'll be more confident to get more T's. Don't stress it too much there's tons of help out there aswell. Good luck!
"I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man"
ColinWa
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Tarantula keeping