East African Gaboon Viper

Re: East African Gaboon Viper

Postby GraemeEC » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:48 pm

As reptile/animal are respected by us as family,not a trophy.We build housing units for them not cages.A cage stresses them out,dosen't suit their need.First chance they get they'll try escape,Because they're not happy.Which is completely the opposite with a housing unit.They're happier in side,aren't stressed,trying to escape.take them out and now they stress and head straight back to their house and get back in.As this is where they feel safest.Thats why they are so easy to deal with and calm.
GraemeEC
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Postby Warren Klein » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:10 am

Eagle Claw, now you are really speaking a load of #$%^! "Building housing units for your family"…WTF! You are playing with words that’s all. Call it a cage, an enclosure, a housing unit or a palace if you like, it’s still a cage and the same thing. Why does cage have to be a “dirty” word? True, not all cages are equal but cages in their various forms are necessary for housing animals in captivity.
An inaccurate naturalist is a pest and a danger, forever perpetuating illogical deductions and landing later naturalists in trouble. Damm and blast them all to hell in the most painful way. C.J.P. Ionides
Warren Klein
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Warren Klein » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:45 am

You want me NOT to do what is legal in my state so they don't pass more laws?

54bogger, Do you think USArk would approve of your behavior? You most likely don't care about what USArk thinks but remember they are the only organization out there fighting for you to be able to continue keeping your beloved animals legally!
An inaccurate naturalist is a pest and a danger, forever perpetuating illogical deductions and landing later naturalists in trouble. Damm and blast them all to hell in the most painful way. C.J.P. Ionides
Warren Klein
SA Reptiles Member

Postby GraemeEC » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:14 pm

Hi Warren.just simply a cage is cruel for anything to live in a house isn't.There's a right and a wrong way to do anything.And our local and national authorities have been here to see my animal/reptile setups and are very happy with them.They wish more animal/reptile keepers would keep them this nicely.They have also never seen calmer,healthier more content animals,and wished more people would keep theirs this way.As it would cause less probles all round.Puting reptile/amimal keepers in a good light.Do only unto all living things, as you'll do unto your self.
GraemeEC

Postby 54bogger » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:03 pm

Warren Klein wrote:
You want me NOT to do what is legal in my state so they don't pass more laws?

54bogger, Do you think USArk would approve of your behavior? You most likely don't care about what USArk thinks but remember they are the only organization out there fighting for you to be able to continue keeping your beloved animals legally!

Your right, I don't care what usark thinks or anyone else for that matter. For some silly reason you really seem to have a problem with what I do even though I'm not breaking any of the laws in my state. And as far as usark, they were founded in 2008, I've done fine without them all these years and will continue to be fine. Thank you

Now Mr.Klein I have a question for you,
Why not instead of trying to argue with me about how I handle my snakes, why don't we just discuss the animals we love? For instance do you have a Gaboon? And what venomous snakes do you have? I came here in hopes to learn more about Gaboons not to argue with anyone. Thanks
54bogger
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Warren Klein » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Mr. 54bogger, unfortunately our ethics are much too far apart to enter into any further or specific discussion about the species I keep. The fact that you just dismiss the value of USArk in present times demonstrates your ignorance. I have already spent enough time trying to make you see the bigger picture and how your actions can affect others. I think you and EC have much more in common and will get more out of each other. Best of luck to you both.
Warren Klein
SA Reptiles Member

Postby 54bogger » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:43 pm

I can tell by you calling me ignorant that your a man of FINE CHARACTER.
54bogger
SA Reptiles Member

Postby GraemeEC » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:53 pm

The reptile comunity is suppossed to work together and not fight.We as the reptile comunity are only strong if we all work together.Share information and help one another out.Life is way too short to always pull bridges down,when we should be building them up.Being unified and open,helps keep us relavent and strong.Lets all work together for a better,stronger,united reptile comunity worldwide.Infighting will be to our detriment or lead to our final distruction as group.
GraemeEC

Postby Westley Price » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:07 pm

Okay this is getting pretty boring.

54bogger, the reptile hobby in South Africa is embraced by youngsters with a keen interest in all aspects of the hobby, but they are still very impressionable.

For this reason I would politely request that you not post any further free-handling pictures as inexperienced keepers might take this as gospel and go into this potentially risky behavior blindly.

I really appreciate it.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby 54bogger » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:50 pm

This is my thread about ME and Ginger, if you or others don't like what I do don't look at. Again I am not breaking any laws in my state so what gives you or anyone else the right to tell me to stop? I'am in full compliance with the laws where I live, I have not recommended anyone do what they see me doing.
So if the Moderators want to ban me from this site for doing what is legal where I live so be it.

-Too bad, tried to be amicable-
-Topic Locked- Wes
54bogger
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Adders (Bitis sp.)