Re: re:New to retics

Re: re:New to retics

Postby Shannon » Mon May 16, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi guys,ive been considering getting a retic.Being that it will be my first retic,i was wandering what advice you guys have for me?
Shannon
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Re: re:New to retics

Postby burmco4 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:00 pm

You can have a look at the retic forum under Boas & Pythons everything youll need to know is there...Get a huge enclosure or make room into a enclosure... hope this helped.
From the Lord comes deliverance Psalm 3:8
burmco4
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mgiddings » Mon May 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Try messaging burmbuddy on the forum, he has a wealth of knowledge on the subject of big snakes. Not sure if he is still active, but I think he does check from time to time.

Very important is to remember to get your habits straight from the beginning, a small retic which is not "trained" for feeding etc. is okay, but when you have a large one with bad habits, things can go bad very quickly. I have heard of tapping on the head before each feeeding as well as using a spray bottle. Use your chosen method at each feeding from when the animal is young so when it gets older it knows when feeding time is. Also I would advise you to get a hatchling and work with it as it grows.

I wish you the best.
"Well, if you spend enough time in the field you will spot special things"-Tony Phelps
mgiddings
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Shannon » Tue May 17, 2011 7:33 am

Thanks mgiddings.Im in talks with BV at the moment,and he should be getting retics in the next month or so.Im sure he will give me all the info and advice i might need,been it my first retic.

Thanks again,and ill sure to be getting a hatchling and tap training from the start.
Shannon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Burmbuddy » Fri May 20, 2011 6:37 pm

Hi guys.

I am still here...

Cheers
DAN
Psalms 144:1
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle.
Burmbuddy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Constrictor Girl » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:25 pm

Shannon stay away from the end that has teeth in it.
Meg Botha
Renegade Trading
"We are only limited by your imagination"

-Never argue with an idiot, people watching might not be able to tell the difference-
Constrictor Girl
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Reticulated pythons (Python reticulatus)