Postby NickFT » Wed May 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Hope you like the Pics,, sorry for the Quality, took them with my cell phone
Constipated people dont give a cr@p
NickFT
SA Reptiles Member

Re: My Emerald Tree Boa And Enclosure

Postby Lizard-lady » Wed May 12, 2010 3:42 pm

very nice setup and reptile!
Friends teach you what you WANT to know. Enemies teach you what you NEED to know
Lizard-lady
SA Reptiles Member

Postby imperial reptiles » Wed May 12, 2010 4:14 pm

how big is the cage and how big cage will you need for a full grown tree boa.what snake can live they hole life in this cage its 60cm tall by 45cm by 45cm
imperial reptiles
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Postby NickFT » Wed May 12, 2010 4:32 pm

I dont know the exact measurments, but I thinks its Exo Tera's largest enclosure, its about 60x60x100 if I am not mistaken and I am Hoping that he can live in this enclosure forever its pretty big, if not I will have to Build a larger one :)
NickFT
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Wed May 12, 2010 6:03 pm

Nick your biggest problem will be ensuring the cage does not dry out or get too hot. Anything over 26 is a problem. Luckily you can "water" him every day and not worry about the cage falling apart. They prefer "rain" to fine mist in any case.

I would put more and thicker branches in the cage too. Use holders and put a broomstick in the cage near the top and another about 20 cm lower down.

The dimensions you gave should be adequate for this snake.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby NickFT » Wed May 12, 2010 7:50 pm

Thanks BV any advice you can give me will be much appreciated. This is one snake I have always dreamt about owning but have had no experience with such a delicate snake, and will do anything to keep him happy and hopefully alive. I have been disinfecting and heating a nice branch I found at the MX track. I am just so scared it has mites or something, but I do have a thicker perch for him and will be adding it into the enclosure as soon as I am happy with it. I am also taking him to the vet to get swobed to check for any thing that could be wrong, and I am also scared it has a respiritory problem because he does sometimes lay with his mouth open. I spray the enclosure as often as possible and have a mister in the enclosure to keep the humidity up. Is this ok? Thanks for the advise I really need it with this guy
NickFT
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mgiddings » Wed May 12, 2010 8:10 pm

All I can say is what a snake, certainly on my wish list soon. What I love about these more than the green tree pythons is that white patterning on the back. Yours is such a nice light coloured snake. I wish you good luck with him. Soon one will be mine :)
"Well, if you spend enough time in the field you will spot special things"-Tony Phelps
mgiddings
SA Reptiles Member

Postby NickFT » Wed May 12, 2010 8:26 pm

Well I have a friend with a female that is doing exceptionaly well, so hopefully in the near future we will attempt to breed these magnificent creatures.
NickFT
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Tree boas (Corallus sp.)