Borneo Blood

Borneo Blood

Postby kingsnaker » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:03 am

Hi

I would like to find out your thoughts on Blood Pythons in general and Borneo Blood Pythons in particular, pics are of my Borneo, its awesome but can be vicious sometimes, it caught me once and that was defiantly painful :smt013 ..now i think its around a year and 4 or 5 months of age

Here it is almost 6 months ago

only 2 months ago..

"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honor."
[Noble Quran 17:23]

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/default.asp
kingsnaker
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Borneo Blood

Postby Brendan E » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:20 am

thats a sweet blood
i kept in the past and they are awesome snakes but i prefer my ball pythons
livestrong
Brendan E
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Neurotoxic » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 am

I must agree with you there Brendan E, i also prefer my balls. i had 6 bloods! as much as i handled and loved them, they were all happy snappies! i was bit in the face, on the neck and my hands... As beautiful as bloods are, i wont be getting another again.
Neurotoxic
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Burmbuddy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:11 pm

Wow, that is one really nice Blood!!
How is the temperament???
Looking at picking one up n the near future.
Cheers
DAN
Keep the pics coming man!
Psalms 144:1
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle.
Burmbuddy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Loslappie » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:36 pm

Definition of Blood Python - a short stocky and aggressive snake with the ability to successfully draw blood from a wound inflicted usually by affixing the teeth onto various parts of the human anatomy, common areas include the facial areas as well as fingers.
If it hasnt yet, it will!
Loslappie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kingsnaker » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:01 pm

I totally agree balls are defiantly amazing snakes, I love mine and plan on getting 3 others in the future. but bloods are something else, its like comparing corns to Texas rats...but wow getting bit in the face and on the neck must have been a very terrible experience Neurotoxic .
Thanks Dan, its somewhat calm compared to other bloods but can still give you one heck of a painful bite. I have to break the tension with my stick first before I can handle it..and as soon as its in your hand its cool, but you still need to be careful. When I start rubbing the stick against it , it would start hissing and the last time I tried handling it without using my stick it did this sudden move and just flipped out of my hand..good thing my hand was still in the tub...other then that , amazing snakes lol.

Here are some pics of when i first got it in 11 months back

"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honor."

kingsnaker
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Neurotoxic » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:55 pm

Yes loslappie, thats the definition i was looking for...
Kingsnaker - its more the fright one gets, not really painful; lots of blood, but i must say my poor face is so used to it. my last bit was by a 4m anaconda, giving me 16 stitches on my upper and lower lip. Guess thats what you get for trying kiss a snake lol i was actually assisting a mate take out his so called very docile anaconda!
Neurotoxic
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Brendan E » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:02 pm

its a stunner forsure
livestrong
Brendan E
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rooikat » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi there KINGSNAKER ,,gotto say that's a lovely BORNEO[*]BREITENSTEINI[*] you got there ...love the dorsal line marking running down the latter part of the tail ..

as far I'm concerned they are such great snakes to have (BLOODS) ..I would choose these over ROYALS all day long ,,only because i kept ROYALS in the past and don't find them as fascinating as BLOODS ,,they just seem to have more to them ...to me they just say " IM BIG ,IM FAT EN POWERFULL " and especially that big Buffy head is fantastic ..
just try to handle him as much as possible to try and keep him tame ,but as we know this don't always work with BLOODS ,but we as herpers can only but try ...
Give me Nature over Human race anytime ..
rooikat
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kingsnaker » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:47 pm

Thanks rooikat. And as for handling it as much as i can, I was thinking of getting me a pair of CAT gloves to take the bites..maybe with time it'll get convinced that its bites dont help with being let go much.

kingsnaker
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rooikat » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:33 pm

kingsnaker wrote:Thanks rooikat. And as for handling it as much as i can, I was thinking of getting me a pair of CAT gloves to take the bites..maybe with time it'll get convinced that its bites dont help with being let go much.

its totally up to you KINGSNAKER if you want to use the gloves ..but i personally don't ..because i prefer for mine to know my smell and the smell of my hands ,,that way they get used to the fact that when they smell my hands they know that they are not being threatened or at harm...
i tell you what i use so snakes get used to the smell of my hands ,,this way they can always identify the smell of your hands to the smell of food coming into the Viv ,,..i use HAND ANTI-BACTERIAL HYGIENE GEL ,,its got that slight alcohol smell to it ...i put some of that on my hands about 5 minutes before i get out or handle any snake of mine ... its worked for me so far and works well ...

this is just a personal thing ,there are no doubt other people on here that might disagree with it but its what works for me , it wont guarantee you from getting bit but at least they smell the difference from mouse/rat to hands ....

i hope thats made some sort of sense ... its up to you if you want to try it ...
rooikat
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bundu Boy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:06 pm

I do a similar thing with my balls but I've using an aloe soap instead, and I've given instruction to my better half they she must do the same if she is gonna handle my balls :smt005
Bundu Boy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rooikat » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:13 pm

Bundu Boy wrote:I do a similar thing with my balls but I've using an aloe soap instead, and I've given instruction to my better half they she must do the same if she is gonna handle my balls :smt005

lekker Bundu B... that did make me laugh .. :lol: :lol: just don't put that hygiene stuff on ya balls ,it could sting a bit ... :lol: :lol:
rooikat
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:53 am

Dont stray off topic please.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby rooikat » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:19 pm

Bushviper wrote:Dont stray off topic please.

still om topic BV ...dont stress bud ..
rooikat
SA Reptiles Member

Next

Return to Asian pythons