ec herps

ec herps

Postby herpitologica » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi,this forum still running?noticed last post was dec time.
herpitologica
SA Reptiles Member

Re: ec herps

Postby Bushviper » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:52 pm

Nothing much happens in the Eastern Cape. Where are you from? Add this to your profile as well.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby herpitologica » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:09 pm

That sounds about right,i was living in the U.K for the past 5 years but back now and looking to get back into things.I'm stuck in P.E unfortunately.
herpitologica
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sly » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:33 pm

BV i totally disagree with you, breeders like myself and others down here, are involved in large herping communities in the Eastern Cape...we also have some really fantastic reptiles in our areas, some of the best looking boomslang, puffies, Olive House Snakes and Southern Brown Eggeaters as well as the Holy Grail of Bitis, the Albany Adder in EC, we also have some great Herp Clubs, so bud give me a shout and i will hook you up to a club or other herpers in your area in the Eastern Cape.

The only thing lacking in these parts is Reptile Expo's and that is purely due to our strict conservation laws concerning Indigenous and excotics reptiles, but alot of great herpers in these parts without a doubt, pm me if you need help..
Sly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:13 pm

Observations from the Eastern Cape on this site have been few and far between and I'm not sure why but I hope that's about to change. Spread the word.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby gaboon69 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:04 pm

Yeah..there is some things happening in E.C. As for albanica being the holey grail...i think not...mmm.
Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life ~
Rachel Carson
gaboon69
SA Reptiles Member

Postby armata » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:14 pm

B.Albanica, Holy Grail, well getting there plus B.inornata

But Western Cape where the dwarf Bitis reign!!
' I get my kicks on Route 62 '
armata
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby gaboon69 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:19 pm

Cough cough...did someone say inornata? : ) albanica doesnt beat plain old cornuta on looks.
Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life ~
Rachel Carson
gaboon69
SA Reptiles Member

Postby gaboon69 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:23 pm

But wait...(glomail pause) The all time no 1. MR HERALDICA...TARRAAA!
Rachel Carson
gaboon69
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sly » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:45 am

Okay chaps here goes the Bitis war, mines prettier than yours, beauty is definetly in the eye of the beholder....Cornuta, Armata, Atropos, Albanica, Rubida, Inornata, Gabonica, let me rather say what a blessing we have to live in a country like ours, but Eastern Cape def. ranks high up there....come down chaps the waters fine.........................Hahaha, but serious we that small dot just next to the old Transkei and if any fellow herpers are in this area give me a shout...
Sly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:43 am

Well Sly I am glad my prodding worked. How are we supposed to know what is going on there if you do not post about it? You only have yourselves to blame.

Now post pictures and reports about what you do and we will all be in awe of the involvement the herpers in the EC.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Rob » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:44 am

GABOON - I think you might be surprised when you see an albanica in person.

Ive even seen pics of fairly patterned inornata.
Rob Deans

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~Dale Carnegie
Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sly » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:06 am

You right BV, the guys down here including myself have not made much of a contribution on this site other than selling animals, so yes i will def. post some pic and show and tell of some breeding projects, if you can be so kind as to guide me on how to upload pics and so on...many thanks
Sly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Constrictor Girl » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:55 pm

*tsk *tsk *tsk

You people are obviously all running in the WRONG circles!!!!!
Come join the COOL circle!! We do plenty plenty around herps, we have a braai now and again and chat reptiles, fun get togethers at different places to see what everyone has and the odd trip into the bush!
all of this will now get bigger and better as we have awesome club grounds on an exclusive small holding and there will be loads more to see and do, crazy people to meet!!!

PM me for more details
Meg Botha
Renegade Trading
"We are only limited by your imagination"

-Never argue with an idiot, people watching might not be able to tell the difference-
Constrictor Girl
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:13 pm

I might just do that Constrictor girl, we go down there over December and it would be nice to go do some herping.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Next

Return to Eastern Cape