Slitheren the red tail

Slitheren the red tail

Postby isis » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:02 pm

I fed my red tail boa ,but the only problem I had was the feed was way to big. but he ate it after he killed it. It was a frozen large rat that was thawed.He later regurgitated the rat. It has left the snake with a few bumps below it neck but its a quarter way. I fed him a rat the following week but he never even bothered to even try go for it. I then tried to feed him today 3 week after that but still not interested
isis
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Slitheren the red tail

Postby isis » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:43 pm

isis wrote:I fed my red tail boa ,but the only problem was the feed to big. But he ate it after he killed it. It was a frozen large rat that was thawed.He later regurgitated the rat. It has left the snake with a few bumps below it neck but its a quarter way. I fed him a rat the following week but he never even bothered to even try go for it. I then tried to feed him today 3 week after that but still not interested
isis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby isis » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Has anybody got any feed back ???????????????? please on this issue
isis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:23 pm

Your post makes no sense. How did he kill a defrosted rat? If the rat was too big why did you give it to him? What bumps are you referring to?

Try again and possibly this time we can make sense of what you are saying / asking.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby MrG » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:32 pm

:lol: very interesting use of words here by isis.
MrG
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby isis » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:30 am

Hi Bushviper,

Good morning,

1st of all that rat was frozen, then thawed then given to him. he thought he killed it when hen constricted it.The reason I gave it to him was because I thought he could mange it / size. As for the bumps it hard swellings 10cm below his jaw and he wont eat. We got him I new tank yesterday 1200 x 500 500 .He seems allot better as he now can stretch his body out as before he couldn't as I had small 2 x 3 aqurrium tank I place him in with heating pads etc
isis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby isis » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:40 am

I can upload a pic but Im not sure how?
isis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby isis » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi is there any member out there can help with this issue and to upload picture of my red-tail?
Much appreciated. Thanks ISIS
isis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby isis » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:50 pm

isis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby isis » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:14 pm

javascript:void(0);
isis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby isis » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:38 am

:smt017 I would like to wish all the member a merry Christmas and all the best for 2013. Sorry but its to bad everyone can just view my post , but full of themselves to comment as they have no idea about snakes. This is forum isn't helpful , Why on earth did I join
isis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ryuu » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:49 am

Good Day Isis.

First of all...

Its Not the forum that isnt helpful. there is two main factors.. The way you asked and the Fact that it is Christmas. Also the Red Text you used doesnt help your cause much Either it seems arogent and condesending.

On to your Red Tail boa..

Have you Tried Feeding it a Live Smaller Food item? Start by Something like a Mouse.. Make sure the Temperatures in the Tank are Correct. also make sure there is enough Hides and Brances. Fresh Water and Limit handling.

PLease also Provide us with some info about the snake.

What is the Age?
What is the Size?

Thanks. And have a Great Day!
Ryuu
SA Reptiles Member

Postby dobby7 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:04 am

I find this forum very helpful and I have never had a bad comment on any of my posts. You should focus more on the wellbeing of your own pet rather than insult the people on this forum. As for people viewing and not replying... I viewed this post but I do not know how to help you so I did not comment, the same goes for other people on this forum. There are people on this forum that have an incredible knoweledge and can help you but the majority of us are still learning and cant help you. If you are unhappy on this forum, you are welcome to go elsewhere. We dont need you, you need us so learn some respect.
If you cant beat them, join them. If you cant join them, shoot them.
1.1.0 Red tail boas
1.4.2 Corn Snakes
0.0.2 Heralds
1.1.0 Brown House snakes
1.1.0 Copperheads
0.0.2 Leopard geckos
dobby7
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:04 pm

This post would be the equivalent of posting on a Iphone forum that your phone does not work when under water and when the battery is flat.

The cage the snake was in was so small the snake probably overheated if it had a heating pad in an inadequate cage. Feeding too large prey is just irresponsible . Buy the right sized prey and dont "think" he can eat it. Regurgitation is caused by poor husbandry which put plainly means you dont know how to look after the snake. There are 100's of websites and books that will give you the basics. Even on this forum there is enough information about basic husbandry of boas.

The search function would also explain how to post pictures. Even a photograph is not going to solve the problem. That is why there are vets for when animals are being kept incorrectly then they can possibly help. Expecting forum members to solve this problem is not going to have a happy outcome.

Even the second attempt to explain what has gone wrong still does not help and nobody can give any reasonable advice based on the information given. That would be like expecting a doctor to diagnose vomiting and a lump on your neck and prescribe medicine for you from the same information you give him in an email.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby isis » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Bushviper wrote:This post would be the equivalent of posting on a Iphone forum that your phone does not work when under water and when the battery is flat.

The cage the snake was in was so small the snake probably overheated if it had a heating pad in an inadequate cage. Feeding too large prey is just irresponsible . Buy the right sized prey and dont "think" he can eat it. Regurgitation is caused by poor husbandry which put plainly means you dont know how to look after the snake. There are 100's of websites and books that will give you the basics. Even on this forum there is enough information about basic husbandry of boas.

The search function would also explain how to post pictures. Even a photograph is not going to solve the problem. That is why there are vets for when animals are being kept incorrectly then they can possibly help. Expecting forum members to solve this problem is not going to have a happy outcome.

Even the second attempt to explain what has gone wrong still does not help and nobody can give any reasonable advice based on the information given. That would be like expecting a doctor to diagnose vomiting and a lump on your neck and prescribe medicine for you from the same information you give him in an email.

Merry Christmas to your family and yourself. I'm very aware of the tank being the incorrect size. I just didn't have the fund available just then but now he has a 1.200m The reason a text ed in red was because I like to use different colours like this one will is because I want to devise your message from mine. I will never feed my snake prey that's too large I have learnt my lesson,I hope he doesn't die because of it. Im also aware of all the book,dvds.all I want to do is find an answer that might solve my problem not to trying to make something out of nothing. So I apologize as Im still new at all of this had a snake before but starting off again just want to make sure I dont make the same mistake again like I did withe the last red tail I had.

Kind Regards,

ISIS
isis
SA Reptiles Member

Next

Return to Gauteng