New Contrictor House

New Contrictor House

Postby Constrictor Girl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:11 am

Hey guys and gals.

Decided to make some new changes to the snake house in my back yard. I found they didnt like the bark chips at all so decided to grass it all and put some plants in it. The pool hasnt changed but as you will see the snakes are loving it!!
Am going to build another 2 in the next few months, and move the the Red Tails to the new one and the Dumerils out as well. The red Tails are going to have one with way more climbing frames and hidey holes than this current one aimed at large terrestrials. Also going to go with serious jungle theme for them.
The Dumerils one i haven't decided yet but am sure it's going to be awesome. But seeing as they spend so much time in the water am thinking about putting a water feature in somewhere with a little fountain or something with running water.
I have found that the snakes are much happier with the new set up as the humidity is more constant as well as the tempretures. And the plants are doing really well!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Meg Botha
Renegade Trading
"We are only limited by your imagination"

-Never argue with an idiot, people watching might not be able to tell the difference-
Constrictor Girl
SA Reptiles Member

Re: New Contrictor House

Postby Fooble » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:21 am

Very cool looks like a nice set up.
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby rolandslf » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:23 am

Totally Awesome enclosure Meg.
I could even live in there.

I am glad to here that your Dumeril's spend a lot of time in the water, I thought there was something wrong with mine.
It is better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On.
Roland Friskin
rolandslf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Constrictor Girl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 am

LMAO @ Roland!!!

My man if i see my dumerils out of the water for a full day i think there is something wrong with them!!
all my cages have heating under the water bowl for soaking and then a smaller water bowl for drinking water, so most of my snakes spend ALOT of time in the water. (which means i gotta change it on a daily basis!!)
This snake house doesnt have heating under the water bowl. There is a light and a pad in the kennel, one light to the right of the kennel and one light by the log stump where te branch meets the log. There is also heat tape on the branch above the kennel running about 70omm down the branch.
Meg Botha
Renegade Trading

-Never argue with an idiot, people watching might not be able to tell the difference-
Constrictor Girl
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Constrictor Girl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:29 am

3.6m long x 1.8m wide x 1.8m high
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Meg Botha
Renegade Trading

Constrictor Girl
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Constrictor Girl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:30 am

Sorry and that shade cloth on the roof helps control temps. if there is a bad storm we unroll the front of the shade cloth and cover the front of the cage up. Works like a charm. Busy working on a natural set up for my Afrock as well. Buck, you do know i blame you right??
Meg Botha
Renegade Trading

Constrictor Girl
SA Reptiles Member

Postby warbot » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:34 am

Looks great! It is always nice to see people doing so much effort making their pets enclosures!
Love it and tanks for sharing ;)
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
- by Jim Rohn -
warbot
This member has been banned

Postby Bernice » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:46 pm

W...O...W...!!!

That is a snake PALACE! Constrictor Girl if there is such a thing as reincarnation I want to come back as one of your Dumerils!
Happiness is a fat mouse and a warm rock!

Dont fly! 4X4! The noble eagle may soar! but a weasel wont get sucked into a jet intake valve...

Some people are like a slinky spring, they make you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs!
Bernice
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Constrictor Girl » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:47 pm

LOL!!! Thanks Bernice.
We are getting there slowly but surely!! cutting the grass is a bit of a mission but well worth it to see the snakes so chuffed!!
When my anacondas get bigger we going to do a stunning wetland theme for them with water hyasinth and all sorts. Going to be great fun to do.
Meg Botha
Renegade Trading

Constrictor Girl
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Whitelipp » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:07 pm

Only thing I can say is, try and paint the pool brown or cammo green. The blue is just standing out as unnatural lol. But otherwise awesome setup. Wouldnt mind to have setups like that for my snakes.
Dont bite, strike!!!!

Dont keep it real, keep it EXOTIC!!!
Whitelipp
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Constrictor Girl » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Thanks whitelip.
Am going to contrete that into place with drainage etcso will make it look like a rock pool. might also add a bit of running water down the wall behind it. I would prefer to keep the inside of the pool blue, just makes it look like a super spring!! but the outside will be jazzed up.
Meg Botha
Renegade Trading

Constrictor Girl
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Natural vivariums