Monical x Spectical

Interspecies breeding and 2 headed snakes are the type of thing that would be discussed here. We are aware that these are controversial issues and some people feel strongly about their opinions on them. Please respect each other's views and keep discussions amicable.

Monical x Spectical

Postby pinkscales » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:25 pm

Hi guys Id like to know would a hybrid between a monical and spectical cobra be possible?

And no I dont intend even trying I dont belive in it. And then there's the nasty venom concoction scary.

What would it look like? I imagine the markings of a spectical cobra with the monicals circle patterns located in the V of the spectical cobra. If this makes any sense
pinkscales
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Re: Monical x Spectical

Postby deleray » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:49 pm

I think this may occur naturally where their distribution overlaps.

I could be wrong, but the spectacle markings are not exclusive to naja naja. They can be found to some extent on some locality of siamensis, sputatrix and other asiatic naja, although not as pronounced.

I stand to be corrected though.
deleray
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Monical x Spectical

Postby pinkscales » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Im not sure but from specimins of the above of my own ive seen faint markings like that.but the specticaled cobra is by far the brest looking for me and one of my favourite cobras
pinkscales
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Return to Reptile hybridisation and genetic anomalies