hybrids

Interspecies breeding and 2 headed snakes are the type of thing that would be discussed here. We are aware that these are controversial issues and some people feel strongly about their opinions on them. Please respect each other's views and keep discussions amicable.

hybrids

Postby snakemaster » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:00 am

Hi all, I am new to this forum!
I really love this site, only bought internet recently so I joined the forum now, I hope to be friends and a help 2 everyone
I just have a question that has always had me wondering!
What type of hybrid snakes do people have or have been breeding in south africa?
If you guys have pics, that would be great
Thanks
snakemaster
SA Reptiles Member

Re: hybrids

Postby F1refly » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:23 am

From what I know it is predominately Kings x Corns, Corns x Milksnakes, Milksnakes x Kings, Ratsnakes to other ratsnakes and a few others. Unfortunately, there is still a lot of Stigmatism behind hybrids here in SA but there are those few who have no problems with it (Including me :) ) I would however love to see people doing Hybrids like Ball Python x Burmese Python and Woma Python x Ball Python here in SA
"Welcome to Megaton, the Bomb is perfectely safe" - Deputy Weld, Fallout 3

"People don't die in America because of lack of Health Insurance. People die in America because people die in America" - Stephen Colbert

"Just because you don't understand how electricity works, doesn't mean it's the work of god"

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
0.0.1 Elaphe guttata guttata
0.0.1 Eublepharis macularis
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sly » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:25 am

Hi snakemaster, welcome to Africa's best reptile site, hybrids, i know of a guy in East London that has baby: Speckled Kings cross to Cal Kings and he also did Snow Corn to Cal king, babies he has from both pairings, will post pics once they have shed and if he brings in to be photographed, personally i'm not a hybrid fan, but each to his own.
Sly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby snakemaster » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:55 am

Hi guys that sounds interesting, I am looking to get a few soon.
F1refly I am aware of people not liking hybrids bt with all the respect every person has they own likes and dislikes and I respect that,
Sly thanks man I look forward to some pics,
And guys I I'm from south africa :)
Thanks
snakemaster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby uncutdiamonds » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:03 am

I recall someone doing some Bitis hybrids, I think it was Puff Adder x Gaboon Viper. But I would have to look that up.
There are some objecting to hybrids from a conservationist view, but I can't see it will be a problem, since the snakes are kept domestically.
uncutdiamonds
SA Reptiles Member

Postby F1refly » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:23 pm

Don't take me wrong, I dig hybrids. Saw some awesome pics of a Corn x King cross and I thought "Holy cr@p, that looks better than any of the morphs you get with the parent snakes"
"Welcome to Megaton, the Bomb is perfectely safe" - Deputy Weld, Fallout 3

"People don't die in America because of lack of Health Insurance. People die in America because people die in America" - Stephen Colbert

"Just because you don't understand how electricity works, doesn't mean it's the work of god"

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
0.0.1 Elaphe guttata guttata
0.0.1 Eublepharis macularis
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Reptile hybridisation and genetic anomalies