Pics of my Lamprophis inornatus

Pics of my Lamprophis inornatus

Postby Smeegle » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:55 am

Hi Everyone,

Here are some pics of my old girl that a friend took over the weekend.

I think she is stunning!
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Pics of my Lamprophis inornatus

Postby Serpy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:59 am

Damn thats a nice sized animal :) Looks in really good condition, nice photos and gorgeous olive :)
A good burper is a good herper.
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby dasie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:08 pm

sory boet I dont think shes stunning I know she is :lol:
dream as you will live forever
live like you will die today
dasie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Smeegle » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:03 pm

Thanks guys! I love the 2nd pic, she looks like such a "lady", just needs some lipstick and false eyelashes!
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Spider » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:17 pm

It looks like she has a scar on the right side off her head :smt017
“When spider webs unite, they can tie up a lion”
Spider
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MISA » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Awesome Smeegle,
they get pretty big in that part of the world, I have previously picked up some large specimens out your way on call outs...

What's her length?
"I have absolutely NO tolerance for stupidity and self-inflicted pain borne out of the greed to gain at another’s expense."
(Made_In_SA 09)

1.0 -Matindane (WC)
1.0 -Mkhovu (WC)
1.0 -Tokoloshe (CB)
1.0.1 -Angasi (WC)
MISA
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Smeegle » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:41 pm

Shot guys!

@Spider, she has a couple of war wounds as she will only eat live rats. I have never managed to get her to take a dead or freshly killed one in the 11 years I have had her. I obviously remove the rat immediately if she doesn't grab it the second I put it in the cage (she strikes on sight 99% of the time), but on the odd occasion the rat gets a mouthful for a few seconds whilst being constricted. This has never caused a problem over the years.

@Misa, ja she was around 80cm when I rescued her in 1999, now she is at least 1.4m I reckon. As I have never handled her unless absolutely necessary, she is very fiesty and so it would be difficult to measure her accurately.

Does anyone know how long they live for? What age would an 80cm specimen be roughly?
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MISA » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Smeegle wrote:Shot guys!
@Misa, ja she was around 80cm when I rescued her in 1999, now she is at least 1.4m I reckon. As I have never handled her unless absolutely necessary, she is very fiesty and so it would be difficult to measure her accurately.

LMAO feisty? mine also has attitude but only around feeding time, other wise she is mellow..
that's a fair size specimen you have smeegle, so you have had her for 11yrs already? I would guess in captivity they would make around 15yrs (depending on various criteria)... I stand under correction though...
"I have absolutely NO tolerance for stupidity and self-inflicted pain borne out of the greed to gain at another’s expense."
(Made_In_SA 09)

1.0 -Matindane (WC)
1.0 -Mkhovu (WC)
1.0 -Tokoloshe (CB)
1.0.1 -Angasi (WC)
MISA
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Smeegle » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Very fiesty, even hisses sometimes when you pick her up.

15 years? Please don't say that! I mean, 11 years with me, plus I'd guess around 3 or 4 years to reach 80cm when I got her, means she's gonna croak soon. The thought just breaks my heart...

Wonder what the signs of old age are when it comes to snakes? She still sheds often with the skin in one piece, and has a healthy appetite.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MISA » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:07 pm

Like I said smeegle, I stand corrected, it maybe longer... Hope for your sake its closer to 20..
(Made_In_SA 09)

1.0 -Matindane (WC)
1.0 -Mkhovu (WC)
1.0 -Tokoloshe (CB)
1.0.1 -Angasi (WC)
MISA
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Smeegle » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:14 pm

MISA wrote:Like I said smeegle, I stand corrected, it maybe longer... Hope for your sake its closer to 20..

Thanks, I really hope so! I guess I'll eventually find out the hard way.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Serpy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:00 pm

Snakes often live out far longer lives in captivity. Don't stress she looks like she's in really good condition as long as she still has an appetite I wouldn't worry about her leaving you anytime soon.

So you've had her for 11 years?? Thats amazing, not many people can say they have reptiles that they have kept for that long.
A good burper is a good herper.
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:36 pm

Awesome snake man.
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Jamster » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:22 pm

WOW!!! Really awesome snake man, personally im more of a BHS fan, but that is one incredible olive you have there!

Ive also found, when feeding with some of the other guyz, that they will only eat live...?
Only once in a blue moon will they take dead food.
1.0-reticulated python (Ripcord)
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rishaad » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:04 am

Very nice. She is a monster. Hope she has many more years with you.
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Next

Return to House snakes (Lamprophis/Boaedon sp.)