Diamond Carpet Pythons

Diamond Carpet Pythons

Postby BRB » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:15 am

Is there anyone in SA that is breeding these pythons, I would to love get my hands on a pair?
Please join my Facebook page, "Ball Python Obsession" for all the latest news and updates

https://m.facebook.com/Ballpythonobsession?ref=bookmark

1.1 Spiders, 0.4 Pastels, 1.0 Leopard 1.0 Phantom Yellow Belly 0.1 Butter Ghost 1.1 Genetic Stripes, 1.0 Mojave Ghost, 1.0 Spotnose, 1.0 Butter, 1.0 Pinstripe, 0.4 Mojave, 0.1 Albino, 0.3 Het Hypo, 0.1 Het Axanthic, 0.1 Cinnamon, 0.13 Normals, 1.0 Firefly, 0.1 Fire, 0.3 Pastel Spotnose
BRB
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Diamond Carpet Pythons

Postby Westley Price » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:23 am

I recall a pair being brought in 2 or 3 years back which supposedly sold for R20,000.

So I assume there are some in the country, bu they are rare.

Maybe BV or Mitton knows what happened to this pair.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Re: Diamond Carpet Pythons

Postby Bushviper » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:37 am

I have seen some Diamond crossed Coastal carpet pythons and Diamond crossed with Jungle carpet pythons that were sold a number of years ago. Both of these have little value locally and I never saw any babies from them.

Pure Diamonds are still fairly expensive and I have never seen a pair for sale locally. They are also not so easy to breed as they need really cold winters.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to Carpet pythons (Morelia spilota sp.)