Argentine tegus

Argentine tegus

Postby firefly » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:46 pm

Does anybody here own some of these beasts? Any comments on them? I know they are quite rare in SA which is a pitty though. I contributed to theis rarity by killing some myself... O, they do not love too much heat!

I am trying to get some but can't seem to find anywhere. Saw a hatchling 'pair' for R9000 the other day. Ripoff! First of all they can not be sexed at that age and secondly they are way to expensive. These okes cost round about what beardies go for in the states...
firefly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Natal Black » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:34 pm

Hi there , How can you judge any animal as a rip off before you have even seen it? There are Tegus and then there are TEGUS! Also cheap prices in the states are due to captive breeding , how do you expect to get the same prices as they do if no-one here breeds them?
Most prices for the first few animals in the u.s.a cost way more than what they go for in this country , we are actually much cheaper.

isn't it?
Natal Black
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Natal Black » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:38 pm

Oh yah ! Forgot to say! I think they are really cool animals! Hope you find some nice ones :)
Natal Black
SA Reptiles Member

Postby firefly » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:46 pm

How can you judge any animal as a rip off before you have even seen it?

With a bit of common sense I suppose...
firefly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby firefly » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:52 pm

I also think they are pretty cool lizards. Hopefully in 3 or 4 years okes would be breeding them. Key word... Hibernation!
firefly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Boadicea » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:22 pm

My lovely little pair of argentine tegus are growing like weeds. Greedy little pigs. Love em to bits even though I have to watch my hands when putting food in for them.
Firefly I have send you a pm about where to get some
"You and I wear the dangerous looseness of doom and find it becoming. Life, for eternal us, is now; and now is much too busy being a little more than everything to seem anything, catastrophic included"- e e cummings
Boadicea
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Argentine tegus

Postby chamoflage » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi Boadicea. please can you pm me with details of where to Get hold of baby Argentine Black and white tegus.

The sky has many holes
These holes are very small
That is why rain is so thin
Thank you
chamoflage
SA Reptiles Member

Return to American Lizards