Dwarf Adders

Archived topics, still open for discussion.

Re: Dwarf Adders

Postby Alan Hyde » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:44 pm

He has a nice last name ;) :D

I was discussing this thread with my friend on the telephone last night. Apparently Peter Pastor from Europe has bred and produced cb schneideri. I heard that he lost many males in the process though.
Alan Hyde
SA Reptiles Member

Postby snakepeter » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi Alan,

it would be nice if Peter Pastor would have such success with schneideries...!!! UNfortunatelly, that`s not true... I am Peter Pastor, ans we kept some schneideries in collection, but never bred them, and as most of others, we had just bad luck with adults too... It would be interesting to know who is spreading such verified information about myself :o) We do breed quite a lot of snakes, but dwarf Bitis are still a challenge for us...

All the best,
Peter
snakepeter
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Alan Hyde » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:15 pm

Ah Peter, I'm sorry my friend. My info came from a usualy very reliable Herper friend, i'm sure he must have been misinformed too somewhere along the line. I assure you he wouldn't of told me unless he believed it to be true.

Well, I wish you luck with future projects , and hope that someday you do successfully breed schneideri and other dwarf bitis.
All the best,
Alan
Alan Hyde
SA Reptiles Member

Postby snakepeter » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:57 pm

No problem at all, I wasn`t angry about your post or something else... Just curious how "legendary stories" are going over the world... HAHAHAHA

All the best also to you, my friend.
Peter
snakepeter
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Alan Hyde » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Hi Peter,
Ha! It is strange isn't it. I'm pleased you were not angry Mate, hopefully bump into you one day at the Houten snake day

Best regards,
Alan
Alan Hyde
SA Reptiles Member

Postby 4Q » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:54 am

I'm sure Tom has probably bred them Al :lol: :lol:
Did Brian L not bred his or was that a WC female that dropped a couple?

Oh and Al if it was Mark you were talking to about them he probably got Peter mix up with Al C (viperkeeper) he has trid to breed them but lost loads of males I think
4Q
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Alan Hyde » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:14 am

:lol: Ah , of course Tom, how could I have forgot ;)
Alan Hyde
SA Reptiles Member

Postby steve » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:45 am

I do not recall phobos/Al/viperkeeper even owning Nam adders; well at least he has not mentioned them in any one of his 200 videos(IV watched them all).
However I know that he has lost several male caudalis to a very big female, and he has now given up with them according to one of his videos, I just can’t remember which one. Anyway I have had and kept Nam dwarf adders for some time, mine ate pinks readily with no issue at all, and i have witnessed small amounts of breeding behavior as well. I’ve got pics, ill dig them up. I no longer keep this species anymore though. Cheers
vipers?
steve
SA Reptiles Member

Postby steve » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:24 am

Well it seems that I have miss placed some of my older photos, I managed to dig this one up though.
I kept this species some years ago when I was staying in KZN, I sold them to friend when I moved up to JHB, I never had any problems feeding them, I kept to a strict feeding regime and they thrived whilst I had them.
in terms of breeding, I never actually witnessed them lock up, but I did witness a lot of head twitching and vigorous tongue flicking etc when I put the pair together, but nothing ever came of it, strange:roll: .
Anyway this is the male I had, enjoying his dinner, I really miss these guys, they were awesome captives, and apparently they are still doing very well.
Image Image Hosting
vipers?
steve
SA Reptiles Member

Postby steve » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:37 am

damn the photo looks like cr@p...think i forgot to resize it. anyway
vipers?
steve
SA Reptiles Member

Postby JeffG » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi Steve,

Wow Those are really Amamzing little snake, emphasis on little is that a mouse pinky? Has your friend that you left them to bred them?

Thanks a million,
Jeff
JeffG
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Active archive