Dwarf Bitis in the UK

Archived topics, still open for discussion.

Re: Dwarf Bitis in the UK

Postby Copperbob » Wed May 06, 2009 7:38 pm

I'm sure the local Muti men collecting body parts would be more than happy to take care of this little problem.
These foreigners just cant keep their mits out the cookie jar hey.
Copperbob
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Dwarf Bitis in the UK

Postby Xenior1976 » Wed May 06, 2009 8:38 pm

armata wrote:I really do not undestand this desire to keep B.armata/rubida/albanica. I mean B.cornuta is now bred in captivity and is readily available and it is almost identical to the other species in the complex; probably better looking even.
So all I can summise is the motive is for rarity, and if thats the case then take up stamp collecting.

I do agree on everything but I can understand that if you're really into Bitis sp. that you would like to keep other Bitis sp. than only B. cornuta. I'm really into Naja's and I would like to keep and breed them all. I don't think there's anything wrong with that as long as you don't buy illegal collected animals.

I'm only interested in CB animals that are available, don't even like WC animals cause often they hide a lot more than CB animals so you can't fully enjoy them. And nowadays there are more than enough species that you can keep without taking animals out of the wild. I'm doing fieldwork as well and have been going to the same place for years and if I see somebody collecting.... Man, it would drive me nuts so that part I fully understand, don't get me wrong. :-)

Cheers, Ro.
Xenior1976
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Active archive