Urgent Id please

Archived topics, still open for discussion.

Re: Urgent Id please

Postby Silvrav » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:22 am

ROFL! yip, anaconda's is anaconda's :)
Carpet Python - Morelia spilota cheynei
Silvrav
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Snake Charmer » Fri May 20, 2011 1:27 pm

Silvrav wrote:ROFL! yip, anaconda's is anaconda's :)

Anaconda = ek gaan jou corner! :lol:
Repetition builds confidence!

MP
Snake Charmer
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Westor » Fri May 20, 2011 4:10 pm

@ Bergsma, Jy het n' punt daar Meneer. Maar nie almal van die forum sal jou aanval nie. Hul probeer mens net geletterd maak ten opsigte van die situasies. Almal hier is liefhebbers van Reptiele en wil net die beste doen vir die versekering van die diere se oorlewing.... Hul gee net om en ek dink nie dat jy dit so persoonlik moet opvat nie... Als van die beste voorentoe... Hoop om weer van jou te hoor.

Pragtige "Puffie"....
I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God ...than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.
Westor
SA Reptiles Member

Postby bubblesharp » Fri May 20, 2011 6:12 pm

@Westor - I love your avatar.

@Bergsma - When I joined the forum I saw it too, I quickly learned too search the forum for answers, and found it better posting on a topic even ones thats a few years old, it will jump to the new replies list for others too see. This is now where I start every time, then I never miss a reply. And see some really interesting topics.
If you really want a sarcastic answer from some of the people on the forum, you should ask a question that has been asked over and over again, or start a new topic/debate about live or dead pray. hehehe.
There is a FORUM FULL of answers waiting to be discovered by newbies to the hobby, take some time and go through it, I have learnt more in the last 3 months, by browsing this forum than I have in the last 3 years of keeping snakes. The more I learn the less it feels I know. I have spent literally hours and hours on this forum just absorbing all the knowledge shared here.
As for venomous snakes, for me a big NO NO. I am not scared of the snake and I am not scared of the bite either, but browse the forum and see what snake bite victims go through!!! The treatment is BAD!!! I'm sure a few of those people have thought it be better to just die than fight, the pictures are not pretty. I would keep some mildly venomous snakes like Hognose, they are really fascinating and you'll survive IF it actually bites.
Every time I walk into a pet shop and see a viper and I want to buy it, I think of my baby boy, would I rather want him to walk into a non venomous or venomous snake at night, should it accidentally escape. And yes they can escape, even from "escape proof" cages. It would be called human error. And if you browse the forum you will see that even some of the most experienced keepers had snakes escape, not all venomous, but shows you it is possible.
So if you need to run to the loo in the middle of the night, and one of your escaped snakes is under your bed, scared of the new surrounding, irritated by your snoring and rolling around above its head. which one will you want it to be when your bare foot hits the ground in front of the snake? This I ask myself every time I look at an adder or viper, as I am also just as fascinated by them, this does not mean I want to keep one though.

I have no problem with anyone keeping hots, and I don't think they will think any less of me for not keeping hots, this is my opinion and this forum is full of people's opinions. You need to be able to differentiate between the info and the opinions. You said that you are not known to keep you mouth shut, well there are more of "you" on this forum, but that is on any forum in the world. You will soon learn that it is more fun than your initial impression and sometimes it seems that the advise is very hoarse, but sometimes necessary. Take everything with a pinch of salt and you will be able to learn a lot!
Eben Brits
Cell 071 603 6596
BBM 27E1FDF4
bubblesharp
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Active archive