Gaboon + Handler

Archived topics, still open for discussion.

Re: Gaboon + Handler

Postby vinnige_fanie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:23 pm

No man, you all got it wrong!
He uses that nail to remove his brain and preserve it in pure alchahol at night before bedtime after consuming his coke, weed and dart frog burger. :)
vinnige_fanie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby vinnige_fanie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:25 pm

or just frog lol
vinnige_fanie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Boskobra » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:26 pm

hmmmm.... Probably life insurance with outsurance!!!! :smt021
that is insane!!!
Fooble- please send me the link from facebook want to go check our champ out!!!
"Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try. "

Eben Keet
Boskobra
SA Reptiles Member

Postby vuduman » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:47 pm

He is obviousely in control and knows the consequences of a bite.I know that this sort of thing gives the "Hot herps" handelers a bad name,but who can judge him for being so passionate about snakes.Who here has owned a Gaboon viper and never toutch it?That long finger nail could be used as a tool to aid in forcefeeding baby venomous snakes.Only should he get bitten, does he become an idiot.I for one don't see anything wrong with this,Yet.
vuduman
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Smeegle » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:30 pm

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jka » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:31 pm

Hahahaha he just snuff the seeds!
Evolution is an imperfect and often violent process. A battle between what exists, and what is yet to be born.
jka
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mitton » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:45 pm

Looks like this guy had an amazing trip, the pic of him with the Egg Eater is just brilliant.
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Smeegle » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:48 pm

vuduman wrote:He is obviousely in control and knows the consequences of a bite.I know that this sort of thing gives the "Hot herps" handelers a bad name,but who can judge him for being so passionate about snakes.Who here has owned a Gaboon viper and never toutch it?That long finger nail could be used as a tool to aid in forcefeeding baby venomous snakes.Only should he get bitten, does he become an idiot.I for one don't see anything wrong with this,Yet.

I agree. Placed out of context the picture does portray irresponsibility and could possibly give the wrong message, that it is fine to free-handle hots.

But after looking at his profile, he does seem to know what he is doing, plus the following is an extract from his description of the photo:

This pic encourages no one to free handle any venomous snake as it done here , is with years & years of experience nd the ultimate understanding of the snake’s behaviour
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Smeegle » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Mitton wrote:Looks like this guy had an amazing trip, the pic of him with the Egg Eater is just brilliant.

Yes! That was my favourite as well! Brilliant!
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby n-groundie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:07 pm

Wow. :shock:
n-groundie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby vinnige_fanie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:18 pm

please post those pics of him with the eggie(s) I can't access facebook at work.
vinnige_fanie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Smeegle » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:28 pm

vinnige_fanie wrote:please post those pics of him with the eggie(s) I can't access facebook at work.

Caption reads:
East African egg-eating snake (Dasypeltis medici) A cute nd lovely snake which showed me how frndly a snake can be.. Feeding on weaver bird egg right frm ma hands.. I love her soo much.. Matwara, Tanzania.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby fredsmith » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Mitton wrote:Looks like this guy had an amazing trip, the pic of him with the Egg Eater is just brilliant.

Indeed.

With just seeing the pic's of holding the Gaboon, one would assume Melvin Selvan to be "one of those guys".
However, after looking at his facebook profile, he has some awesome experiences, with some snakes I only wish to one day be blessed enough to see in the wild.
He also has some folk in his contacts list to which I look up to in this hobby, names like Wulfgang Wuster, Johan Marais and Natie Swart are three that comment on this particular set of photo's.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein

Fred Smith
fredsmith
SA Reptiles Member

Postby vinnige_fanie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:27 pm

thanks guys! what a shot! :D that is amazing!
vinnige_fanie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby vuduman » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:39 pm

My point exactly :) Some of you guys are soo fast to judge.Cowboy or not,I bet this guy is a fountain of knowledge in this hobby :)
vuduman
SA Reptiles Member

PreviousNext

Return to Active archive