Capies in the hood.

Archived topics, still open for discussion.

Capies in the hood.

Postby it_bit_me » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:16 pm

Two female Cape Cobras. They are 8 months old and changing colour every shed. :smt007
I will show some before and after pics later.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Capies in the hood.

Postby Spider » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:47 pm

Very beautiful!! They seem pretty big already for 8 months.
“When spider webs unite, they can tie up a lion”
Spider
SA Reptiles Member

Postby imperial exotix » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:40 pm

Very very nice hope they get to grow nice and big with tons of colour :D
imperial exotix
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Spider wrote: They seem pretty big already for 8 months.
Thanks .They don't get to eat very often but they still look healthy after the long winter.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:25 pm

Here is a recent find.
Sadly the pics were not taken where he was found. He did a very cool pose from the top of a bush but we couldn't get picks with the dog on the attack.

And a picture of my mean girl. Do not be fooled by her halo.
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bobby Denslow » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:55 am

What are the rules in keeping these animals in captivity in the cape town area, I'm from england, so don't know! Hope not to offend lol just wondering! ;-)
You guys need to help me find snakes in the amazing cape town!
Bobby Denslow
SA Reptiles Member

Postby nvlooi » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:57 am

Bobby Denslow wrote:What are the rules in keeping these animals in captivity in the cape town area, I'm from england, so don't know! Hope not to offend lol just wondering! ;-)

As long as you have the correct paperwork(permits), you are allowed to keep them.

In the western Cape, same as several other provinces, you aren't allowed to keep indigenous reptiles without a permit, also in the Western Cape you need permits for exotic animals too.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure... - Nelson Mandela

Henco
nvlooi
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Active archive