So proud!!

Archived topics, still open for discussion.

So proud!!

Postby Whitelipp » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:05 am

Hey guys.

Friday my fiancé phones me and says there is a little brown snake in the house. I asked her what snake it was and she said she's not sure.. I told her to get a box or something to just put the snake in or get something to put over the snake and then when I get home ill catch it. She phoned me a while later and said its got like motling on the belly so first thing I thought was snouty.
She then got the snake out from under a wooden chest and put a space saver over it. She phoned me a while later saying the snake is trapped I can come get it after work. I asked her "so hoe voel jy" she replied "#$%^ ekt nou sommer hoofpyn" hahahaha.
But any way I got him and checked the snake. It was actually not a Snouty but a Mozambican Spitter.
It was really pissed but small. You could see on the right side of the hood that it couldn't make a complete hood as I suspect on of his ribs was broken... This must have been an old injury as she said she didn't touch the snake with anything to injure it... I then captured the little guy and set it free down at the dam on the farm...
I have some pics will e-mail it to some one later so they can upload it on my behalf...
O and one more thing. This is a girl that was so scared of snakes a few years back. That poured boiled water over a snake on the farm when it got in to the house. So I am very proud of her!
Cheers

Images added by BV.
Dont bite, strike!!!!

Dont keep it real, keep it EXOTIC!!!
Whitelipp
SA Reptiles Member

Re: So proud!!

Postby Smeegle » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:55 am

Well done to your Missus! Gees, my wife won't even go near a Christmas Beetle!
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Re: So proud!!

Postby Bushviper » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:51 am

Nicely done. It takes a while and soon they put you to shame.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to Active archive