Don Shultz sit in

You can find all the current news with regard to Reptiles here. Announcements about anything reptile and site related will be made here as well for your information.

Don Shultz sit in

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Rob Deans

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~Dale Carnegie
Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Don Shultz sit in

Postby JPWittstock » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:32 am

Beats the hell out of working, trust me.
JP WITTSTOCK
JPWittstock
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:29 am

What do they say? Go big or go home.

I still think this is a silly stunt. Cobras eat pythons for example. Sitting with non venomous snakes also defeats the "object". That space is way too small for 100 snakes. This could backfire with the bunny huggers getting on his case.

Personally I would have gone with ten snakes per day and made them all the same species. That way he can do all he needs with one species and then he moves on to the next. Each species would then only spend 24 hours in there and then be removed. That way they could even do 10 episodes with the cage footage and some wild footage all rolled into one. Do the "10 most deadly" or other bull dust which can be filmed and broadcast with the results of the research included.

Lets hope he does not get bitten either.

What gets me with this and others who have made doccies about coming to Africa to milk snakes for venom. We are quite capable of milking our own snakes thank you. If someone could catch the snake then they could have milked it.
Despite what they think that is not some secret skill known only to a few Americans and one Brit.

I do understand Donald does not have control over the media machine that is milking his reputation but he should try to gain control of some of the press releases. This can ruin his career which is just starting to gain momentum.

What I do appreciate is when he goes on TV he often wears a Springbok jersey or has the SA flag sewn on his clothes.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:35 am

BV good idea. 1 species per day would work.
I wonder if he even had the choice whether or not to do the sit in.

Yeah Ive also noticed the shirts, hes proud of it.

Does anyone know when his show Wild Recon will hit here? Its already premiered on AP over there but not yet here, whats the usual delay?
Rob Deans

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~Dale Carnegie
Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MrG » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:35 pm

I am sure Donald will do well. Would be good if we could also watch it. The public loves reality programs and who better than a South African to do it. Look how famous Mr Stevens is with all his acting. Lol. My son still thinks he is a hero even if he knows that it been staged. As you said BV, "GO BIG OR GO HOME". Thx for sharing ROB.
MrG
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm

Has anyone seen any of the segments from the first episode? I enjoyed them all. Seems pretty natural and I seriously dont think its staged.
The Frilled dragon one was classic.
Obviously production company needs some sensationalism which you can see Donald tries to give them but it still comes across as real.
You also get glimpses of our very own Drummer.
Rob Deans

Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:15 pm

Rob Deans

Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Serpy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:43 pm

Rob I think MrG is refering to Austin stevens programmes being staged, which they definitely are.
A good burper is a good herper.
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mongoose » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:06 pm

Good luck Don.. I find doing this very silly though, but I do hope everything runs smoothly..

As for documentaries, the majority of footage is staged.
The best things come to those who flip rocks.
Mongoose

Postby Snakes4Africa » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Yawn.... Another sit-in.
When are we going to move away from this type of publicity stunt! Donald, I wish you well, but am disappointed. I truly hope this was not your idea but the work of your now silly looking publicity vehicle.
Those who have made no mistakes have learned nothing and can teach nothing.
The same is true of those who continue to make the same mistakes.

Pain is temporary
Snakes4Africa
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Serpy what I said was not with reference to what MrG said. I know Austin Stevens stuff is staged.
Watching the segments at the above link I felt they weren't staged with the exception of the Death adder.

Edited as requested.
Rob Deans

Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Postby BOOGY » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Hey the main idea here in for awreness and funding I suppose. And ofcause publicity.
Good luck To Donald, sterkte boet.
Reptile Roulette - JUST SAY NO!
Burger Loots
BOOGY
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MrG » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:54 am

I had to laugh behind my hand the other night when Austen was looking for Burmese pythons in the everglades, that part where he pushed the net in and got the snapper turtle out was hilarious. Also the wrestling match with the small alligator.... only kids would believe it anyway. My boys reaction...."Jis Pa hy is goed", I responded...not to bad! The entertainment is value for money for any viewer.
MrG

Postby Drewbot » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:10 pm

What is this Austin Stevens show you are talking about?
Has it come to USA yet?

Also, On Don Schultz' show WILD RECON Tuesday, he was in S. Africa, He said "500 Species have gone extinct in thet last 20 years in S. Africa" is this true? It seems awfully high.
Drewbot
SA Reptiles Member

Postby swazi » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:19 am

Don and crew were here for 1 part of that series, want to know if it was staged? :)
Swazi
Women are Angels...and when someone breaks our wings...we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick..we are flexible like that.
swazi
SA Reptiles Member

Next

Return to News and Announcements