Again Gumtree or should i say DUMBTREE AD's

You can find all the current news with regard to Reptiles here. Announcements about anything reptile and site related will be made here as well for your information.

Re: Again Gumtree or should i say DUMBTREE AD's

Postby eyed_lizard » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Never mind he got an offer for R500, so I told him to take it, and he didn't catch it his friend did.
So all is well that ends well, he says the vet bill was pocket wrenching because it was not just one dog, it was all his dogs!
Poor bloke, anyway problem solved I presume :D

Next time Rishaad hehe ;)
eyed_lizard
This member has been banned

Postby Rishaad » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:07 pm

He got 500 bucks for it. Not bad. I can however understand why he is trying to cover the vet bills especially if it was all his dogs that were affected. You should have asked him if he would like me to treat his yard with a snake repellent :)
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby eyed_lizard » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:19 pm

I just asked him.
eyed_lizard

Postby Rishaad » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks dude.
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Iggy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:52 pm

But why should he be able to make something back from it? Most people expect to pay to have the snake removed (even though most reptile rescuers don't ask for money) , not have you pay for the privelege of removing it, his logic seems a bit skewed?!
Perry's Bridge Reptile Park
Hazyview, Mpumalanga
"Through Inspiration Comes Conservation"
http://www.snakes-uncovered.com
FIND US ON FACEBOOK!
Iggy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Serpy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:42 pm

Absolutely pathetic!
A good burper is a good herper.
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Hustler » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Reading this and all I could do was laugh! Like seriously now, he can't be serious? And he still manged to catch it and neck it or rather let me say his 'friend' managed to catch it and neck it. Well then his 'friend' should have removed it and paid the R600, ta-freaking-da problem solved!
The man who has no imagination has no wings. -Muhammad Ali

You can live every day like a man. But if you do not die like a man then it all means nothing.
- Egan Inoue
Hustler
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Smeegle » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Hustler wrote:Reading this and all I could do was laugh! Like seriously now, he can't be serious? And he still manged to catch it and neck it or rather let me say his 'friend' managed to catch it and neck it. Well then his 'friend' should have removed it and paid the R600, ta-freaking-da problem solved!

My thoughts exactly! If his "mate" had it in the bag, or cardboard box or whatever, why didn't he just finish the job?
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Hustler » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:31 pm

Sounds to me like he's just trying to make a quick buck. Either nothing would've happened to the dogs or they would've gone blind by the time someone responded to his ad, went to go and pick the snake up, pay him and then the trip to the vet. A whole load of nonsense!

You can live every day like a man. But if you do not die like a man then it all means nothing.
- Egan Inoue
Hustler
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rishaad » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:35 pm

Coincidently I went to have a look at an albino burm this evening in malvern that I was interested in purchasing. Upon arrival I see a large spitting cobra in a dirty enclosure that was facing glass up. I told the guy about the ad I saw on gumtree from just up the road. He told me that he is the one who caught that snake and is selling it. He says that he is still to find a buyer. The plot thickens!

For Goodness Snakes
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby eyed_lizard » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:28 am

Hmmmnnn... ok, that is odd, Jason, the guy who posted the add said that he is very interested in having the snake repellent installed (Rishaad I sent you a pm). Something does not add up here...
eyed_lizard

Postby Hustler » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:31 am

Hmmmnnn... ok, that is odd, Jason, the guy who posted the add said that he is very interested in having the snake repellent installed (Rishaad I sent you a pm). Something does not add up here...

Ok I'm lost, I have never heard of a snake repellent. Care to shed some light on this eyed_lizard?

- Egan Inoue
Hustler
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rishaad » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:50 am

Thanks man. Just spoke to Jason and he would like me to give him a call towards the end of the month.

Hustler, have a look here:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17027&p=170646&hilit=snake+repel#p170646

For Goodness Snakes
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby dannylomb » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 am

Something smells fishy what's the next advert going to be.

Caught giant Anaconda in my yard it ate my girlfriend.

I'm only asking R1000 to find a new one.
dannylomb
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Hustler » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:04 am

Thanks Rishaad

- Egan Inoue
Hustler
SA Reptiles Member

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements