Permits for Carpet Pythons in KZN

You can find all the current news with regard to Reptiles here. Announcements about anything reptile and site related will be made here as well for your information.

Permits for Carpet Pythons in KZN

Postby rmack » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:37 pm

Hi all,

I have been following all of the Invasive Species listings on the forum and (forgive me if I have missed something- that is probably what happened) I cannot find any information on where to get permits for my pair of Carpets. The KZN wildlife website hasn't got anything about permits and the threads that I have found do not relate to KZN. Could someone please help me with some information on who to contact and what is entailed.
A local pet shop owner told me he had to sell his carpet as he couldn't get a permit. Is there now a chance that I will lose my reptiles?

I am trying to keep within the law but the government isn't making it easy.
rmack
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Permits for Carpet Pythons in KZN

Postby rmack » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:39 pm

I appear to have posted this in the wrong forum. Would someone please move it to the appropriate section; Carpet Pythons I believe.
rmack
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Permits for Carpet Pythons in KZN

Postby Bushviper » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:30 pm

There permit offices are not in place. I asked the Director General where we could apply for permits and have not heard back weeks later. They will not take your snake away from you. Just dont allow them to EVER take any snake without giving you an official receipt and a case number as well as the offence you are being charged with. Video everything if you have to.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to News and Announcements