Beardie not eating. Please advise

With Reptiles sometimes time is of the essence when it comes to their health. You can post your health related questions and answers here.

Beardie not eating. Please advise

Postby Kelly » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:30 pm

Hi,
My beardie has gone off his food, he has the occasional green food stuff but not eating any supa worms/crickets/roaches.
I'm worried, he sleeps late (doesn't come out to sun himself) I have to fish him out his hiding spot in the morning. He has a timer so is getting consistant "sun".

It has been pretty cold lately could that be half the problem? My other beardie has the same setup but eats well. They both have the correct lights and temps etc.

He still enjoys his (warm) baths and jumps around his cage, could he still be sick? :smt010 I hand feed or monitor all his live feeding so I know he's not getting protein, aren't they supposed to eat lots of the live stuff until they are older (he's about 7 months old now)

I'm worried. Should I use any preventative measures?
Any advice would be welcome

Thank you
So many critters, so little time...
Kelly
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Beardie not eating. Please advise

Postby Urucone » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:35 am

When last did your dragon"go to the little dragon room"? :smt017 he/she could be blocked or it could be internal parasites, the cage temprature should be atleast 28 degrees and up. call me on 012 329 8965 ask for christo.
as long as you keep quiet, no one will notice that your dumb
Urucone
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Beardie not eating. Please advise

Postby Urucone » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:53 am

Just thought your not going to reach me at night on this number, at night you can reach me on 084 031 6505
as long as you keep quiet, no one will notice that your dumb
Urucone
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Reptile Hospital