Tylan For R.I.

With Reptiles sometimes time is of the essence when it comes to their health. You can post your health related questions and answers here.

Re: Tylan For R.I.

Postby alvinno » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi Hustler, yes in the United States hes children resides there so he goes to visit like 4 times a year. Hey Iggy how do i use the nebuliser on him cause the mask thing is like designed for humans and the bisolvin liquid how many ml do i use of that. Can u also just break down the process again for me please like the mixing of the stuff to put into the nebuliser please. I spent a few minutes with him and there no sign of the bubbles but the weezing is still there. I pray he pulls threw and Hustler aim sorry for hijacking your thread its just that aim using my cell phone to use this forum and it dose not let me start my own thread. Thanks guys
2.3.0 (Python molurus bivittatus)
1.1.0 (Python regius)
1.3.0 (Boa constrictor constrictor)
2.2.0 (Epicrates cenchria chenchria)
1.1.0 (Gongylophis colubrinus)
1.1.0 (Eunectes notaeus)
4.4.1 (Elaphe guttata guttata)
3.2.0 (Lampropeltis getula californiae)
alvinno
SA Reptiles Member

Postby alvinno » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:48 pm

And how long do i use the nebuliser on him ,how many minutes? How many times a day/ week? please give me more info thanks.
2.3.0 (Python molurus bivittatus)
1.1.0 (Python regius)
1.3.0 (Boa constrictor constrictor)
2.2.0 (Epicrates cenchria chenchria)
1.1.0 (Gongylophis colubrinus)
1.1.0 (Eunectes notaeus)
4.4.1 (Elaphe guttata guttata)
3.2.0 (Lampropeltis getula californiae)
alvinno
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Snake Charmer » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:48 pm

alvinno wrote:And how long do i use the nebuliser on him ,how many minutes? How many times a day/ week? please give me more info thanks.

We usually nebulise our snakes between 20 - 30 minutes x 1 daily with F10 SC mixed with water (1ml F10 per 500ml water) and a pinch of Bisolven powder in to the chamber of the nebuliser. Make sure to close all vents, otherwise the fumes will escape. Leave it closed for up to 1 hour after nebulising.
Repetition builds confidence!

MP
Snake Charmer
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Iggy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:17 pm

hi, sorry, I only saw this now - as snake charmer says, just set up the mask inside the cage, may need to prop it up somehow so it sits upright, doesn't need to be over the snakes face at all (you can even take the mask off, most of them have a selection of different fittings, or even just let the steam come straight out of the nebulising chamber top)...the cage will fill with the cool steam and the snake will breathe it in. For smaller snakes, we have adapted a bucket to become a nebulising enclosure - the chamber of the nebuliser unscrews into two pieces, the upper piece usually has a sort of "collar". We cut a hole into the bottom of the bucket which is big enough to insert the bottom piece of the chamber into but too small for the collar, then screw the top piece on to it from inside the bucket - thus the collar sits on the floor of the bucket and can't fall through but the nebulising unit can remain outside. The snake goes into the bucket, lid goes on, and is suspended from a hook (can't sit on the floor now because of the lower part of the nebulising chamber protruding from the bottom). This eliminates the problem of trying to stand the mouthpiece up inside a cage, and because it is smaller and fairly well sealed, creates a thicker steam environment. Has worked well thus far.
Perry's Bridge Reptile Park
Hazyview, Mpumalanga
"Through Inspiration Comes Conservation"
http://www.snakes-uncovered.com
FIND US ON FACEBOOK!
Iggy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Iggy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:20 pm

Use it several times a day, let the nebuliser run til it is out of the F10 mix, and leave the snake in until the fumes dissipate. And as this was awhile ago, please let us know what happened..
Perry's Bridge Reptile Park
Hazyview, Mpumalanga
"Through Inspiration Comes Conservation"
http://www.snakes-uncovered.com
FIND US ON FACEBOOK!
Iggy
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Reptile Hospital