Mite Question

With Reptiles sometimes time is of the essence when it comes to their health. You can post your health related questions and answers here.

Re: Mite Question

Postby Snake Charmer » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:43 am

The freakin' mites have found their way in to some of our collection too! Damn pigeons roosting in the nearby vicinity. I'm so angry I can literally catch snakes.

We've used Bio-Kill with great success in the past though. I will not let any of my staff use Frontline, simply because we had someone before almost killing off a puff-adder with it.
Repetition builds confidence!

MP
Snake Charmer
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:56 am

Reptile mites differ to avian mites.
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Snake Charmer » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:09 pm

Fooble wrote:Reptile mites differ to avian mites.

Well, we have freakin' mites and not sure where they came from all of a sudden ... just strange that it has happened with the freakin' pigeons making their home here.

MP
Snake Charmer
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:09 pm

When used correctly Frontline is safe. Follow the guidelines and your mite problem will be a thing of the past.

Pigeons can be controlled with a pellet gun and a eager shot after hours as they come to roost. They make good croc food as well (after hours that is).
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Hustler » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:10 pm

When used correctly Frontline is safe. Follow the guidelines and your mite problem will be a thing of the past.

Pigeons can be controlled with a pellet gun and a eager shot after hours as they come to roost. They make good croc food as well (after hours that is).

I'm sorry but I just had to laugh! LOL!
The man who has no imagination has no wings. -Muhammad Ali

You can live every day like a man. But if you do not die like a man then it all means nothing.
- Egan Inoue
Hustler
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Snake Charmer » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Bushviper wrote:When used correctly Frontline is safe. Follow the guidelines and your mite problem will be a thing of the past.

:lol: :lol: Our crocs occasionally feast on the poor lost soul that decides to land in their enclosures ... it's like :smt007 at first sight when they get so see the feast lying ahead! :lol:

MP
Snake Charmer
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Reptile Hospital