Go Well Major Run, Stay Well

At one stage or the other, we all deal with a death. It is never nice losing a pet and thus, you can share your loss with the rest of us and share your memories so that they will be remembered.

Go Well Major Run, Stay Well

Postby Constrictor Girl » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:41 am

I had to put my 27yr old Thorobred down this weekend past. He was starting to deteriorate and I didnt want to see him in any pain. He had arthiritis and was very stiff in the mornings. 27 is really good going for an ex-racer and I know it was the right time for him, doesn't make it any easier. I miss him so much and his baby brother Diago misses him also.
Always hard making the decision and then living with it, when i go to feed Diago I still make Major's bucket up then realise no need for it. Am heartbroken.
Everybody who met this horse fell in love with him, he is a true gentleman and teacher. Very gentle in every way, except on the beach.... he was born to run and sees the beach as his track!!!
I know he is sadly missed by everyone who came and gave him one last apple or carrot during last week. Thanks for loving him!!
Goodbye my little soldier.

xxxx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Meg Botha
Renegade Trading
"We are only limited by your imagination"

-Never argue with an idiot, people watching might not be able to tell the difference-
Constrictor Girl
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Go Well Major Run, Stay Well

Postby LeglessDragon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:18 am

What an amazing animal. Horses are truly unique. He now has a new track to run.
My heart always leads, my brain always lags. Words are said in the moment and friendships made or broken. My heart always leads...
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Go Well Major Run, Stay Well

Postby Karin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:01 pm

Even if you know it is the right thing to do, putting an animal to sleep is never easy ... my heart goes out to you, and I am truly sorry for your loss and heartbreak.
Karin
SA Reptiles Member

Return to RIP