+R.I.P+ Roxy

At one stage or the other, we all deal with a death. It is never nice losing a pet and thus, you can share your loss with the rest of us and share your memories so that they will be remembered.

+R.I.P+ Roxy

Postby Mindy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:42 am

I have had my male bearded dragon Gary for about 3 years now, 2 years ago I found him a mate called it Deedee then after 2 months discovered it was another male, they were fighting every time I turned my back. Replaced him with a her, named Cheechee same size and age as Gary. She didn't wanna eat and made funny gaging noises I didn't know what 2 do the enclosure and diet are by the book, so I gave her back to the pet shop where I bought her.

Few months later I came across another eligible female about 2 years old,a beautifull orange her back was a weird roundish shape but I took her and named her Roxy and introduced her to Gary they hit it off with a bang both eating well fat and happy, she started loosing weight I thought it was due to the recent brumation, then she stopped eating when I got her to eat the odd super worm she had 1 or 2 then made a weird gaging sound and looked like she had way to much "spit" in her mouth, Gary quickly picked up all the weight he lost in the winter.

I took them to a Vet he said they are fine I must just separate them then she will probably start eating again, that was a week ago I was making plans on separating them, then last night I tried to feed her some purity as I have done numerous times before, she was fine when I put her back in the viv, about an hour later I saw her having like a "stroke" she had puked up all the purity.
She was breathing but her head was all pulled to one side and she was twitching... I found her gone this morning :(
My heart is broken.

Feel like some Deep Fried Chocolate Cake?
Mindy
SA Reptiles Member

Re: +R.I.P+ Roxy

Postby Bushviper » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Mindy sorry to hear that. I would think carefully about bringing any other beardie near your male in future.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Constrictor Girl » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:58 pm

so sorry for your loss.
Meg Botha
Renegade Trading
"We are only limited by your imagination"

-Never argue with an idiot, people watching might not be able to tell the difference-
Constrictor Girl
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushbaby » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:04 am

Sorry for your loss. That was a very pretty Beardie.
http://www.snakebiteassist.co.za
http://www.reptileexpo.co.za
http://www.boaconstrictors.co.za
Bushbaby
SA Reptiles Admin

Return to RIP