Blackbeard is gone

At one stage or the other, we all deal with a death. It is never nice losing a pet and thus, you can share your loss with the rest of us and share your memories so that they will be remembered.

Blackbeard is gone

Postby Marion » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi all. I lost my adult beardie on Monday. All my adults are in brumation and he woke up and I realised that he couldn't move anything except his head. He was completely paralysed. I took him to the vet and was told that there was nothing to be done, so I had to have him put to sleep.

I got both Blackbeard and Lizzie as adults and was told that they were 3 years old. I had them for 18 months which would make them almost 5 years old. My vet said that this is the usual age that beardies live to. He says they seldom live for longer than 6 to 8 years. I thought they lived 10-15 years. Does anyone have an older beardie? I would like to know what their age expectancy is. I'm really going to miss the old guy - he was a wonderful pet. Perhaps he was pining for Lizzie who died in April - who knows.

Marion
Marion
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Blackbeard is gone

Postby CarlaSmit87 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:02 pm

Very sad to hear you lost you beloved beardie..
RIP
CarlaSmit87
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Blackbeard is gone

Postby Bushviper » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:04 am

Beardies are known to live for 5 to 8 years but like all animals they can live much longer. It sounds like he had a good life with you.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to RIP