Cape Reptile Institute course.

If you are presenting any courses please send the details to Bushviper or Bushbaby to be listed in this forum.

Cape Reptile Institute course.

Postby Riaanvn84 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi guys!

My name is Riaan and I am new to your forum! I am busy learning the ropes of working with and studying reptiles and I have heard that there is a course running this weekend at Driftsands Centre? I have send emails requesting details, but to no avail! Do any of you know if it is indeed happening this weekend and what the details are?

Regards,

Riaan.
Riaanvn84
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Cape Reptile Institute course.

Postby Loslappie » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:34 pm

There is a course happening on 2013/11/30 and 2013/12/01 given by Dr Tony Phelps. The course needs to be paid in cash and I need a firm commitment from those attending that they will attend and will pay on the morning of the course.

I need the names, email addresses, postal address and contact numbers of the individuals who will be attending. Plse note that there is limited place for people to attend, which means first come first served. The course details are as follows:

Snake Awareness, Identification and Handling course

Course Logistics

1. Date : 2013/11/30 and 2013/12/01

2. Time : 09h00 to 16h00

3. Venue : Driftsands Environmental Centre

4. Cost : R800 (Cash)

5. Age : 18 years and older

Course is presented by the Cape Reptile Institute (CRI) - http://www.crepinstitute.co.za/
Facilitators - Dr Tony Phelps (BSc, PhD); Marcel Witberg; Kobus Smit

Course Summary (Just briefly)

The first day is snake awareness and first aid. This includes snake identification and handling of non-venomous snakes. The first aid involves practical situations i.e. you (or your buddy) have just been bitten by a cape cobra/puffadder etc.

The second day is venomous snake handling for the three species - Cape Cobra , Puff Adder, and Boomslang.
There will be a written test; straight forward not too scientific. After successfully completing the course each will receive a certificate. The certificate will be sent to you by post.

The CRI Snake Awareness, Identification and Handling course is FGASA endorsed. Feel free to confirm this on the FGASA website:
http://www.fgasa.org.za/AccrTrainers.asp

All will get a copy of the manual.

Please NOTE the following :

• Bring your own lunches for the two days.
• Closed shoes/boots and long pants on the second day.
• Bring your own Pen / Pencil.
• The course will given in English.

Costs are payable on the morning of course – (R800 Cash).

There are no deposits asked and accept that once you have given your word to attend the course you will be there.

Regards

Marcel Witberg
082 784 7314
witbergm@absamail.co.za

Directions to Driftsands

From the N1, take the R300 off-ramp, direction Mitchell's plain, and carries on until you get to the M54 Hindle Road off-ramp (last off-ramp before N2). Turn left on the bridge and right at the traffic lights at the Engen garage. Carry on with this road until you get to a security gate, drive though and turn right and first left again and continue to the end at the Driftsands Environmental Centre.

From the N2, take the R300 off-ramp, direction Kuils River and take the M54 Hindle Road off-ramp (first off-ramp). Turn right on the bridge and right at the traffic lights at the Engen garage. Carry on with this road until you get to a security gate, drive through and turn right and first left again and continue to the end at the Driftsands Environmental Centre
If it hasnt yet, it will!
Loslappie
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Cape Reptile Institute course.

Postby Riaanvn84 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks Loslappie! They got back to me with the same info! Appreciate the help!
Riaanvn84
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Courses