Mice and rats verses multi-mamerys

Questions and suggestions regarding reptile cuisine.

Re: Mice and rats verses multi-mamerys

Postby the fox » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Thanks for having a look, im sure ill come across some soon enough.

I can remember that the first couple mice i brought for a breeder call mr burger, those mice where breed in a steel cage it was like a box but the front was mesh. Maybe those could work for mms.
the fox
SA Reptiles Member

Postby slangman » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:30 pm

i keep several colonies of multies as the royals seem to love them . They also breed very well but in the uk , they struggle with the cold and i have had to fit insulation in the outside shed aswell as heat cable to keep them from freezing . Some snakes will go mad for them but others dont touch them and this is why i keep normal mice and rats aswell . Variety seems to keep royals feeding regular . They do certainly chew through everything and many breeders over here provide them with adequite chewing material so they leave the cages alone . I go through loads of old pices of plastic guttering (both the pipe and the gutter itself .) they chew through these fairly quick aswell as breed under and inside them . Seems to prevent (but not stop completely) them eating the cages . Any escapees in my shed will be long time frozen by the time morning comes as they succumb very quick to the cold wether .
slangman
SA Reptiles Member

Postby LeglessDragon » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:18 am

Thanks slangman. Here by me is a haven for wild mice. It's warm and the kids leave food all over! If the mm's get out then they will cause complete havoc!!!
My heart always leads, my brain always lags. Words are said in the moment and friendships made or broken. My heart always leads...
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Yolanda » Fri May 08, 2015 6:01 pm

Any1 in capetown got MM yet ?? Desperately want some :) please what's app me on 0794003560

Thanks everyone for all the useful information
Yolanda
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Reptile cuisine