Austin Stevens

This section is for debates, Quizzes and Competitions. Please keep the debates clean, no name calling, etc. Have fun!
Check back often to see the latest Competitions and progress thereof.

Re: Austin Stevens

Postby Microlepidotus » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:57 pm

Austin Stevens always gets too close (in my oppinion) to the cobras or whatever, like on the King cobra episode or on 7 deadly strikes. Check the photies on the net, not allowed to post link here.
People who dont stand up for anything, falls for everything.
Microlepidotus
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Hustler » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:33 pm

I'm sorry but Brady Barr is just freaking loud and rates himself a boss too much! You don't go into someones country and then tell him how to handle that countries snakes after they've been doing it for how many years! When he was in India searching for the Russels Viper I think, my word he just wouldn't shut up! ''Becareful, becareful, becareful, becarefull. Watch watch watch watch. Easy easy easy.'' Come on man I would honestly beat him with my hookstick if he were breathing down my neck like that.

For me Steve Irwin was the best, Mark O' Shea and Nick Baker. Austin Stevens makes too much of a staged event than an informative show.
The man who has no imagination has no wings. -Muhammad Ali

You can live every day like a man. But if you do not die like a man then it all means nothing.
- Egan Inoue
Hustler
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Davidc » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:27 am

Microlepidotus wrote:Austin Stevens always gets too close (in my oppinion) to the cobras or whatever, like on the King cobra episode or on 7 deadly strikes. Check the photies on the net, not allowed to post link here.

Yeah with all the money he has made surely he could afford a better camera :lol: A lot of these guys are not doing our hobby a favor by exaggerating everything.
Ball Pythons
1-9-0 Normal
1-0-0 Spider het AXA
1-0-0 Mojave het Orange Ghost
1-0-0 Cinnamon Vanilla
1-1-0 Yellow belly
0-1-0 Axhantic
1-3-0 Pastel
0-1-0 Fire
GTP's
1-1-0
Davidc
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:36 am

Davidc wrote:Yeah with all the money he has made surely he could afford a better camera :lol: A lot of these guys are not doing our hobby a favor by exaggerating everything.

That series was filmed ages ago. Austin has made a living from (amongst others) photography for over 35 years. He also filmed his own entire show about Namaqua chameleon (Chamaeleo namaquensis) which is one of the best programmes I have ever seen on a single chameleon species.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Microlepidotus » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:30 am

Austin is great, dont have anything against him!
People who dont stand up for anything, falls for everything.
Microlepidotus
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mgiddings » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:00 am

Bushviper, do you know of any place to get hold of this namaquensis show?
"Well, if you spend enough time in the field you will spot special things"-Tony Phelps
mgiddings
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:16 pm

We showed this at the THA when it was just edited and I think I have seen it advertised on TV but never saw it again. I am pretty sure it should be out on video.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby BOOGY » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:03 am

How about Jeff Corwin. What you think about him?
Sometimes his antics irretate me sometimes its fine. At least he is not screaming like a girl everytime he sees or handles something.
Reptile Roulette - JUST SAY NO!
Burger Loots
BOOGY
SA Reptiles Member

Postby sildargod » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:33 pm

Davidc, what's wrong with Austins camera? It's a die hard, fantastic piece of kit. I've only recently started to appreciate the sheer brilliance of film photography and I must say, hats off to those who do it right, because it's truly breathtaking in a way that digital can only dream of emulating.
http://www.facebook.com/kaleemrorkphotography
sildargod
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:01 pm

Davidc wrote:
Microlepidotus wrote:Austin Stevens always gets too close (in my oppinion) to the cobras or whatever, like on the King cobra episode or on 7 deadly strikes. Check the photies on the net, not allowed to post link here.

Yeah with all the money he has made surely he could afford a better camera :lol: A lot of these guys are not doing our hobby a favor by exaggerating everything.

He actually takes some fantastic photographs. Its not the camera more s what lens you use and HOW you use it.
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby mailjvdb » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:41 pm

I have no issue with Austin, but what striked me odd was that on tonights program (Animal Planet, think the program was Deadliest Strikes) he found a wild Bitis gabonica in South Africa. While taking photographs and handling the snake,he said no one was going to believe he found this snake. Maybe the reason no one will believe him is it was a Bitis gabonica rhinoceros and not a Bitis gabonica. Probably escaped out of a petshop and into the wild where lucky ol' Austin stumbled upon it... whaa-eva!!!
www.deviantexotics.co.za
mailjvdb
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ales » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Hustler wrote:I'm sorry but Brady Barr is just freaking loud and rates himself a boss too much! You don't go into someones country and then tell him how to handle that countries snakes after they've been doing it for how many years! When he was in India searching for the Russels Viper I think, my word he just wouldn't shut up! ''Becareful, becareful, becareful, becarefull. Watch watch watch watch. Easy easy easy.'' Come on man I would honestly beat him with my hookstick if he were breathing down my neck like that.

++++++++++++++++to that!
What a world....
Ales
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mailjvdb » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:21 pm

Amen!
www.deviantexotics.co.za
mailjvdb
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mailjvdb » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:54 am

Just regarding cameras... apparently, and this is according to some expert wildlife photographers, using a film camera is better than digital if you take your photography serious. And ya, I don't see anything wrong with his photos, but the methods leaves me cold, haha.
www.deviantexotics.co.za
mailjvdb
SA Reptiles Member

PreviousNext

Return to Debate, Quiz and Competition Forum