Variety Of Herps?

This section is for debates, Quizzes and Competitions. Please keep the debates clean, no name calling, etc. Have fun!
Check back often to see the latest Competitions and progress thereof.

Re: Variety Of Herps?

Postby Jen » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:15 am

Please don't stop the 'interesting' posts! This is how I learn. I may not comment on these threads, but I certainly appreciate them. It was because of these threads that I have learnt about & added Rhino Ratsnakes to my wishlist, for example.
Remember too that 20 responses of "cool" and "that's awesome" don't mean much anyway (in my opinion). Rather look at the number of views that your post has had. But, even if it hasn't been the most popular thread, there are still people out there who do enjoy them
1.1.0 Epicrates cenchria cenchria
1.1.0 Corallus hortulanus
1.1.0 Heterodon nasicus
1.1.0 Trimeresurus puniceus
2.2.0 Trimeresurus albolabris
Jen
SA Reptiles Member

Postby uncutdiamonds » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Perhaps those owning more exotic or exceptional reptiles should make it an exercise to introduce their species here. Then the laymen can ask questions about them.

In turn those with special wishes should post their wishlists here as well in order to stimulate debate.
uncutdiamonds
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Silvrav » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:58 am

I agree, but do not think it is due to these snakes just being less expensive and more common. (plays a role.)

I rather would say that it is due to these being the first reptiles people get as everyone started with them and is given advice on getting a ball python or a corn or a beardie, or a curly.

I do not know how many new possible reptile owners posted, “what kind of reptile i must get” with an answer as above.

Once they obtained their animals, they are just so excited to post pictures and and and as it is there first reptile.

I do agree with BV that jsut because only 4 people comment, does not mean no one appreciates it. I in general am only online 10% of the day and therefore before asking or stating something it has already been said/asked.
Carpet Python - Morelia spilota cheynei
Silvrav
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MISA » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:15 am

Fooble wrote:
MISA wrote:As for Balls, I don't have any and am not likely to get any ...

Bit of an over share Jan ;) Couldnt resist!

:smt013 :smt013 NO COMMENT!! :smt019
"I have absolutely NO tolerance for stupidity and self-inflicted pain borne out of the greed to gain at another’s expense."
(Made_In_SA 09)

1.0 -Matindane (WC)
1.0 -Mkhovu (WC)
1.0 -Tokoloshe (CB)
1.0.1 -Angasi (WC)
MISA
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Graeme » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:34 am

Hahahaha!

Damn, I'm slow. Only got that one now.
Reach us @ Graeme Lotter on FB
OR 082 4749139
Email: snakesnadders@yahoo.co.uk
Graeme
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:56 am

Well in a perfect world any posts regarding commonly kept species should be from someone sharing photos of their collection or their breeding successes. There should be very few new topics about inquiring information on these species, it's all there somewhere on the forum, only if people would search before asking......sigh!
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Silvrav » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:10 am

froot wrote:...only if people would search before asking......sigh!

In a perfect world froot :smt012
Carpet Python - Morelia spilota cheynei
Silvrav
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mgiddings » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:21 pm

How many "how do I care for my corn snake" or "my beardie is sick" topics do we get a day? Its ridicolous, search, search, search.
"Well, if you spend enough time in the field you will spot special things"-Tony Phelps
mgiddings
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Debate, Quiz and Competition Forum