If you were terminally ill and would rather go to a bite...

This section is for debates, Quizzes and Competitions. Please keep the debates clean, no name calling, etc. Have fun!
Check back often to see the latest Competitions and progress thereof.

Re: If you were terminally ill and would rather go to a bite

Postby glasbyb » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:27 am

I feel that snake bite is an ok way to go but would definately not willingly choose that route, then again check the link below... Just perhaps that bite might kill the disease as opposed to killing you.

http://voteupindia.com/cancer-blog-snake-poison-a-drug-to-cure-cancer/
"A field without a snake is like a kiss without a squeeze"
glasbyb
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Marion » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:52 pm

You guys!!!! Why poison the poor snake? Go to Holland - euthanasia is legal there - my uncle did it in 1997 with his family all around him.

Marion
Marion
SA Reptiles Member

Postby yoson10 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:34 am

Krait or Mamba or Phillipine Cobra...
yoson10
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Whitelipp » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:14 am

marc bt wrote:What about a Krait.
I have heard of people in rural India being bitten while sleeping and not even waking up cause they can't feel the bite, and they simply never wake-up there after. However, i don't think the effects of the venom can be too pleasant

How do the researchers know? Did they ask the dead people... :lol:
Sorry just had to giggle...
Well honestly I would go for a Mamba bite, even an IV snouty bite will have you out in under 20minutes.
Dont bite, strike!!!!

Dont keep it real, keep it EXOTIC!!!
Whitelipp
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Badasti » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:34 pm

Marion wrote:You guys!!!! Why poison the poor snake? Go to Holland - euthanasia is legal there - my uncle did it in 1997 with his family all around him.

Marion

How would we poison the snake? :O

That'd be suicide! I just would like to try free handle hots and see how far I get. That way my fate is in natures hands... In a way... :P
Badasti
SA Reptiles Member

Postby armata » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:22 pm

Whats this - Cleopatra Syndrome? Apparently the good lady used slaves to test which snake was the most painless. Don't have any slaves do you?
' I get my kicks on Route 62 '
armata
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby Badasti » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:34 pm

Unfortunately no.

Only annoying kids that bash on the venomous snakes cages in the hopes of a reaction and parents who let their kids run around venomous snake cages with stools in their hands. Signs mean nothing and despite my warnings they dont seem to care much...

I think they'd make excellent candidates for test subjects.

Ooh and people who say they are horrid and they'd like to kill them. I'd like to see them try their luck in a fair fight with no weaponry or tools.

Another of my favourites is the mouth breathers that come in and ask "is it real". Well gee no, we are only located inside a large pet centre and we thought it would be a great idea to set up a very elaborate display of rubber snakes in fully furnished enclosures complete with locks, fresh turds, danger - deadly / venomous stickers and a write up on the species and its venom for good measure. I always feel like grabbing the key and telling them to poke it and find out. Such epic questions are usually followed with - "can it bite". Yes you read right. Not "will it bite" but "can it bite". Again I feel like telling them to poke it and find out. A snake? Bite? Don't be absurd!

Sounds like im overreacting but after being asked that question for the 50th time it kinda loses its entertainment value :P
Badasti
SA Reptiles Member

Postby nehima » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:43 pm

Black Mamba sounds like a good way to go. Here's a story that might put you off it though.

http://www.perrysbridgereptilepark.com/ ... e-for-real

That being said I would rather take bite via IV than IM. It will be quicker that way.

+1 to Krait though.
nehima
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Debate, Quiz and Competition Forum