Who does reptile removal in Tableview, Cape Town?

Found a snake in your garden? Need someone to remove it? Here is a list of people who put their lives at risk to save snakes, and remove them unharmed. Please do not prank them. They are there to help you.

Who does reptile removal in Tableview, Cape Town?

Postby boing » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:53 pm

My God-parents live in Tableview, Cape Town and this morning they found a snake in their dining room which my God-father swept into a bucket and released in the garden as he thought it was a mole snake. My God-mother emailed me and described it as a 20cm long snake about the thickness of one of her fingers and golden yellow in colour. I personally have never heard of a yellow mole snake and suspect it was a Cape Cobra. Due to the disturbance this snake went through I would not be surprised if it has moved out of their garden into the vlei area right behind, but as she is very scared of snakes and worried for their two dogs, I would like to be able to give her a number to call if they see it again. I can''t respond because PE is just a little bit too far away!!

Can anyone help with a name and number?
There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ~ Douglas Adams, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
boing
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Who does reptile removal in Tableview, Cape Town?

Postby TonyK » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:03 pm

I am sure it was a Cape Legless Skink they are very common in the Tableview area.The baby Cape Cobras around there almost always have a black band around the throat/hood area.
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

Postby charl.dbn » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:10 pm

The yellowish mole snakes are from KZN
charl.dbn
SA Reptiles Member

Postby TonyK » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:59 am

charl.dbn wrote:The yellowish mole snakes are from KZN

You will never find a 20cm yellow mole snake even in KZN .
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rosshawkins2812 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:16 am

Hey there

My sister lives close by to Table View n she had on occasion young Cape Cobras in the garage. They never stayed long though.
There are no more snake encounters for them, as the area around them has been totally developed, so at the rate at which that area is going you might have more sightings or possibly none at all.
But ye if Cobra the black bib on the neck is very obvious at that size
rosshawkins2812
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Andrew » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:10 pm

There is a guy by the name of Shaun who is often pictured in the local newspapers for relocating snakes in the Table View area.
He might be the best person to phone @ 082 532 5033
To have others respect your opinion it is necessary to respect theirs. Through tolerance comes understanding.
Andrew
SA Reptiles Member

Postby armata » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:22 pm

There are quite a few people in CT with catch & release permits - get in touch with Cape Nature and they will put you on to the nearest guy/girl. This way the capture gets logged and the site of release recorded.
' I get my kicks on Route 62 '
armata
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Return to Problem Reptile Removals