URGENT - Pietersburg, Seshego

Found a snake in your garden? Need someone to remove it? Here is a list of people who put their lives at risk to save snakes, and remove them unharmed. Please do not prank them. They are there to help you.

Re: URGENT - Pietersburg, Seshego

Postby _THEO_ » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:02 pm

What do they keep in the warehouse?
I doubt that snakes would flock to a building just for cover. It's not like the building leaves a scent trail where ever it goes but rodents do. Pehaps the snake problem can be prevented by getting rid of the mice. As stated above, the repelent is useless with the scent of a mouse on the other side of the repelent.

You really need some one to get out there and educate the people. Get them to see what we are trying to protect. Change their perceptions of snakes
You never know everything.....
You can learn from everyone....
_THEO_
SA Reptiles Member

Postby monopeltis » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:14 pm

I don't blame people for wanting venomous snakes out of their property. It is understandable.

Changing perceptions where possible is great though.
monopeltis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rishaad » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:13 am

My apologies Henco for spoiling your evening :o . I don't usually fight fire with fire but sometimes feel it is necessary. My apologies if I have offended anyone.

Theo, the effectiveness of the snake repellent is not proportionate to the size of the snake. The product contains 5 different chemicals and I do not know what the main ingredient is.

The warehouse is used mainly to stock books and various other non perishable items. Good point on the rodents. The building has been acquired recently and one of the first things noticed was the abundance of rodents. However, that problem was the first that was tackled and the rodent bait traps, pellets etc are working well. I wouldn't say that the product is useless with rodents on the other side but obviously less effective if a snake is pursuing prey from outside the perimeter. The main issue is that this building is surrounded by natural habitat and nothing stops rodents from re-entering the premises.

You are 100% correct on the educational aspect. I do educational talks and shows fairly often in Durban with good results in my opinion but unfortunately I was only afforded the opportunity to be in Limpopo for just a few days. I am not consulting with this company just on the snake issue as I am also employed by the company in the IT department so this does make it a little difficult as well due to certain politics here. In fact, I was supposed to go up there in Summer which would have been better, but unfortunately due to some administrative issues was only sent there 3 weeks ago.
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Rishaad wrote:
@ Hoss and it_bit_me:

I have begged and pleaded with the people responsible for killing these snakes to stop, but it has unfortunately fallen on deaf eyes. I have been told it is expected and accepted in their culture to kill snakes. This is why the sooner I find someone who is willing to assist on that side, the sooner this can stop. I have finally got in touch with someone who is willing to help but this will only prove out when the next snake is spotted. I have humbly asked that this person be contacted in such a situation.

Your right, it's the only sane way to get people to help.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Aventi » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:32 am

The owner of that park is getting old and slow, i know him cause my uncle used to catch for him to place in the park, we also build most of the fence and cage enclosure for the birds there.

i cover the dooringbult area/twee fontain but is willing to help. You can contact me via e-mail Primesecure@live.co.za
I only except petrol in and out.
And donations is always welcome.

Service include.

Looking for the snake (packing unpacking of goods)
If it got injured before we get there and its not a lethal injury then we will take care of it, until it reached full health before we release it.
Aventi
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Problem Reptile Removals