More education

If you provide educational talks at schools, functions, shows, etc, you can list your details here. This section is also for discussions on various philosophies, etc, as everyone teaches differently and has different beliefs. This applies to Reptiles only. If you would like to open a topic for debate, please do so in the debate forum.

More education

Postby Rishaad » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:30 am

I was recently asked to present a basic snake identification and basic bite treatment course at a company which has a good standing on conservation and has a key policy of not harming any wildlife that is found on their sites. It was initially supposed to be just for 10 security guards but about 35 people from different departments attended. I had fun and managed to get rid of a few fears, myths and superstitions. I also showed them hooks, tongs and other snake handling equipment. I took with me a night adder, rhombic egg eater, brown house snake, herald and a Burmese python.

And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Re: More education

Postby rolandslf » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:01 am

Way to go Rishaad. Maybe I will be able to get leave on the next one.
Sorry I could not help you on this one.
It is better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On.
Roland Friskin
rolandslf
SA Reptiles Member

Re: More education

Postby warbot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:31 am

Well done Rishaad.
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
- by Jim Rohn -
warbot
This member has been banned

Return to Educational Talks