Ask to give talk in class

If you provide educational talks at schools, functions, shows, etc, you can list your details here. This section is also for discussions on various philosophies, etc, as everyone teaches differently and has different beliefs. This applies to Reptiles only. If you would like to open a topic for debate, please do so in the debate forum.

Ask to give talk in class

Postby LadySphinx » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:04 pm

My nephew came to me and asked if I can give a talk about reptiles in his class as one of his projects in the week that school starts. I'm exited but I'm not sure if I'll be up to the job. I thought of taking Sylvia with me and some of her skins she has shed I kept all of them. There's so much to say but I don't know where to start. My favorite subjects are snakes, frogs/toads, crocodiles, Spiders and scorpions(which is not a reptile but still very cool). This is for gr 5, I don't want it to be boring on the one hand or to complicated on the other
If your not sure, don't do it. It's probably not a good idea anyway.
LadySphinx
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Ask to give talk in class

Postby Sico » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:21 pm

a live snake for a Gr 5 is never boring. They probably wont be listening to anything you say if sylvia is out of her box.
Mark
Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, experience usually comes from bad judgment.
Sico
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Ask to give talk in class

Postby Mitton » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Have a look in this section, there are loads of info on what would work, what to do and so on. viewforum.php?f=32

Good luck.
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Return to Educational Talks