Don't know where else to post these guys...

Anything other than a reptile or any other category covered on this forum.

Re: Don't know where else to post these guys...

Postby croteseeker » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Two thousand, four-hundred-thirty-six dollars, and ninety cents? I'm sorry kfc, but you've left things kind of unclear....

Can you please be more specific? :lol:

(Again, just teasing. If I wasn't an a-hole, I just wouldn't be me.)

Thank you for the clarification. It's hard to keep track of every little piece of herpetological and/or geographical information that I can find...Informed people (such as yourself, and many others that frequent this site) help me to try my very best at doing just that. It's kinda tough for me, though. Turns out that I'm not that bright..... ;)

There doesn't seem to be a, "thumbs up," emoticon on this site, but if there was, you would surely just have earned it.....

Those Angolan pythons....why so expensive? Kinda seems like they'd be easier (and cheaper) to find, especially in South Africa...I can get Womas, here, for even cheaper than that....Just doesn't make any sense to me.....(Granted, I am completely ignorant, in regards to your country, and your wildlife...... That's probably one of the reasons (among the many) that I'm so interested... :D )
" a squat, scaly worm with, 'don't touch,' on one end and, 'that's why,' on the other."

-Thomas Palmer
croteseeker
SA Reptiles Member

Postby croteseeker » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:04 pm

That last set of parentheses should have been brackets....I apologize for my improper punctuation....
" a squat, scaly worm with, 'don't touch,' on one end and, 'that's why,' on the other."

-Thomas Palmer
croteseeker
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kfc223 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:23 pm

I like to be exact with the conversion just took some time to work out.

I am no expert on Angolans but Bushviper will know a lot more than I do.

But its quite complicated, more people breed them in Europe and the US than here because most of the ones that were already here were exported. There are a few pairs in the country but not many yet. The demand is high and thru supply low, hence the high price. Most of the more expensive pythons are much cheaper in the states such as blackheaded pythons they sell for around R12 000 a pair which is 1461.79 USD.

I think it all goes back to supply and demand.
kfc223
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Other Pets