Your bite stories?

This section will help you get first aid treatment protocols incase of an envenomation. This includes indigenous and exotic reptiles. Please do not use this forum for photo sharing, etc.

Re: Your bite stories?

Postby froot » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:53 am

*shiver*
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Mr S » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Lunch anyone!
The pied piper was a herpetologist!
Mr S
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Silvrav » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:41 pm

froot wrote:*shiver*

TWICE!
Carpet Python - Morelia spilota cheynei
Silvrav
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Lamprophis » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:30 pm

Naja annulifera - dry bite fortunately, but still had tetanus shots and a couple of hours in hospital for obervation. Lesson learned - trap box re-secured.
Lamprophis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby charl.dbn » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:20 pm

I was bitten by a short snouted whip-snake and just felt a tingly feeling in my arm for a few minutes, these little guys chew the venom right in when given the chance.
I can't join the group of night adder bites, but i can join the puff adder bites...
Last year(2010), i was bitten by a large female puff adder(the one in my profile picture) on my left thumb. Fortunately for me, she only managed to get one fang into me and it must have been a shedding fang because it broke off inside my thumb. Even so, i would not wish that pain apon anyone.
I did swell up, lost pretty much all movement in my hand and had a hectic burning feeling.
To cut a short story long,lol, i was in icu for 2 days and 1 night and it was very frustrating.
I had 5 viales of polyvalent antivenom and then had serum sickness, couldn't breath properly etc...
charl.dbn
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Snake Charmer » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Rob wrote:
Oh yes, upon my second hospital visit the one nurse came to me (a gorgeous red head, for the life of me I cannot understand why I still remember
that :smt005 ) and says "Its strange, you're the second snake bite we've had in 6 weeks". Needless to say I didn't tell her the last one was also me.

:lol: :lol:
Repetition builds confidence!

MP
Snake Charmer
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Venom Club