Spider Bite! ID Please

This section will help you get first aid treatment protocols incase of an envenomation. This includes indigenous and exotic reptiles. Please do not use this forum for photo sharing, etc.

Spider Bite! ID Please

Postby Vikola » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:34 am

I got bit 6 hours ago in my own bed at home. Were cleaning mats yesterday, might have something to do with it, and people moving a lot of stuff around in the garden. I felt it under my leg near the knee, and almost squashed it. It looks pretty much like the image on this page, so i guess maybe its a violin? So far it looks like a mosquito bite, but im keeping the spider in case it suddenly goes nasty. Im not very worried, but i do respect these things.
Viktoria
Vikola
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Violin spider

Postby Silvrav » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi Vikola

Could you post some pictures and keep us posted.

Regards
Carpet Python - Morelia spilota cheynei
Silvrav
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Vikola » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:47 pm

Maybe its not at all a venomous spider but just a regular... um... i wouldnt know since i am clueless around these things. Bite still nicely tiny and pink. I just wonder what the thing was doing in my bed, regardless of species!
I have had creeps in my bed before, but with much fewer legs...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vikola
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:21 pm

People don't all react the same to these bites ,some get a itch and some get the whole shebang.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby BOOGY » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:28 pm

That looks like a Scorpion spider allthough the color does have me guessing. What size? And the color(Im guesing the flash on your camera alltered the actual color)?
Reptile Roulette - JUST SAY NO!
Burger Loots
BOOGY
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Spider Bite! ID Please

Postby Van2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 am

I agree with BOOGY - Scorpion spider ( Platyoides sp.) They are about 10mm (max) in length, and is harmless.
Van2
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Venom Club