Death's just a bite away

This section will help you get first aid treatment protocols incase of an envenomation. This includes indigenous and exotic reptiles. Please do not use this forum for photo sharing, etc.

Re: Death's just a bite away

Postby Jamster » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:18 am

I think you guys are kinda disturbing...wether the guy was a chop or not...he is dead...and his family will have to deal with consequences while you jerks are making snide remarks and even generalized or stereotypical comments about his sobriety.

If someone on the forum makes a questionable decision and gets tagged or even dies, he gets nothing but simpathy and support. This is a tragic story.. both for the snake and the person. I don't remember the death of a person being funny or something to laugh about. Disgusting people..really..
1.0-reticulated python (Ripcord)
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Warren Klein » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:07 am

I hear what you are saying, but there is a big difference between getting "tagged" form "making a questionable decision" while working with an animal and someone who gets killed while actively trying to kill an animal. Would you also be sympathetic for a rhino poacher who gets killed while poaching a rhino?
An inaccurate naturalist is a pest and a danger, forever perpetuating illogical deductions and landing later naturalists in trouble. Damm and blast them all to hell in the most painful way. C.J.P. Ionides
Warren Klein
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Hoss » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:26 am

Seriously, like I said earlier this is the Sun newspaper. I personally will only first believe this story is true if I see it run in another paper. You must see some of the other stories they run about people being killed by witches and what not.
Hoss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jamster » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:03 am

There is also a big difference between killing an animal out of fear and poaching an animal for monetary gain. Some guests might on the forum might find the comments made "distasteful ".
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Warren Klein » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:16 am

Not for the animal, because the end result is DEATH!
An inaccurate naturalist is a pest and a danger, forever perpetuating illogical deductions and landing later naturalists in trouble. Damm and blast them all to hell in the most painful way. C.J.P. Ionides
Warren Klein
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jamster » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:34 am

For both parties involved.
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby shadowfoot » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:44 pm

Im sorry if this sounds weird, but I have absolutely NO sympathy for him.
Shining brightly, even for a split
second, is better than living a
dull-grey life for eternity - Jing (King Of Bandits)
A life without gambling is like
sushi without wasabi - Gintoki (Gintama)
I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it - Steve Irwin
shadowfoot
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ales » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:17 pm

Would have been better if the mamba killed both of them..
What a world....
Ales
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jamster » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:04 pm

You people are pretty sickening... id like to know what you would have said if it was a family member of yours...would you be so casual and happy about their death... and don't try and tell me that none of your family members have ever killed a snake. Maybe we should be wishing that they were all dead too.

I'm not saying you have to give the guy sympathy.. but a little decency goes a long way. Disgusting people. You are using this forum to childishly mock a dead person rather than make interesting conversation. I'm getting rather pissed off with pointless sarcasm lately. If you don't have anything constructive to say then SHUT UP!
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Vipress » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Wow, you people. I had great respect for you people. BV evan you. Now. I don't know what to think anymore. Yes poor snake! But poor person. You people should really take other people into consideration. Those people helped the farmer who could have been bitten. Those men helped the farmer! If you wEre the only person to help. Would you just walk away or would you help him. ( Keep in mind they have no snake training what so ever! ) Be the better person here! All of you! And just except the fact a black mamba was killed or almost killed. Ok. I love snakes but not so much that I'm rooting the snake for killing a man. But acknowledge the fact that h is dead. And move on!
4:2 corn snake
1:0 dumerals boa
0:1 Albino Sinaloan Milksnake
1:0 Burmese python
1:0 yellow rat snake
Vipress
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ales » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:02 pm

The mamba in the story did absolutely NOTHING to deserve what it got, I'm pretty sure it was minding its own business, yes snakes aren't extremely clever and maybe they can wonder close to farms etc..and find themselves in trouble. Just because the snake is dangerous does not mean there is any reason for these men to beat the poor animal to death. Not to mention the ahole wanted to "show off his kill".

If a serial killer beats 10 innocent people to death, and wants to show off his killings to his friend, but on the way he is stopped by the police and killed in a shoot out, do we now feel sorry for the serial killer??
What a world....
Ales
SA Reptiles Member

Postby shadowfoot » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:26 pm

Firstly I wouldnt associate myself with family members that kill snakes or any animal for that matter. Secondly I never wished for his death, I just have no sympathy for people who kills animals for no reason or for monetary gain.
I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it - Steve Irwin
shadowfoot
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jamster » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:45 pm

I'm sorry but your analogies make no sense. The killing of the snake was out of fear. People are afraid of what they dont understand. Also you are assuming that the snake was being taken as a trophy when it could have been taken as an example to show his kids to beware. Don't come with idiotic CR@P about ten innocent people that has no relation to the subject. If you had a chance to speak to this mans family...I'd like to see how you would explain to them that their family member deserved to die and that you are happy about it.
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Vipress » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Firstly you are probably going to be dis-owning most of your family. I don't like people who kill snakes but if they were helping the farmer!. And secondly when people educate people about snakes. Do you tell them what the snakes look like or do you show people. Just accept a snake was killed!, and move on. Thirdly think of it this way, when a game ranger takes a group on a safari hike. And a lion charges. And tries to attack them. Yes he's probably going to shoot at the lion. He's not going to sit there and say no shame innocent animal we can't do that.! The lion was probably being territorial like I said! MOVE ON!!!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE MAKINGG ASSUMPTIONS AND BEING VERY DISGUSTING!!!!
4:2 corn snake
1:0 dumerals boa
0:1 Albino Sinaloan Milksnake
1:0 Burmese python
1:0 yellow rat snake
Vipress
SA Reptiles Member

Postby shadowfoot » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:12 pm

There is a big difference between a snake and a lion...
shadowfoot
SA Reptiles Member

PreviousNext

Return to Venom Club