Snake fangs

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Snake fangs

Postby Renoid » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Does anybody sell snake fangs?
Its all fun and games until someone gets hurt................THEN ITS HILARIOUS!
Renoid
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Snake fangs

Postby eyed_lizard » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:50 pm

I guess you will ask permission from the owner... ;)
eyed_lizard
This member has been banned

Postby CarlaSmit87 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:05 pm

eyed_lizard wrote:I guess you will ask permission from the owner... ;)

ROFL :lol:
CarlaSmit87
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Urucone » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:20 pm

Snake fangs, fresh (this will only be inhumane and cruel), if you're talking about a skull of sort's, it can lead to allot of pollitic's, someone I knew had skull's in his garden and "someone" confiscated it.
What do you wan't with fang's anyway?
as long as you keep quiet, no one will notice that your dumb
Urucone
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Renoid » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:28 pm

I want to put them in a glass jar and put them on show realy but ive never realy seen snake fangs before.
Its all fun and games until someone gets hurt................THEN ITS HILARIOUS!
Renoid
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Smeegle » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:36 pm

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Urucone » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:43 pm

The chances to find fangs is between 0 and nothing, to use indiginous road kill fangs will only cause you a heartache due to the fine you''ll get, to use exotic fangs is insane, because no one will kill his/her snake just for fangs, so either way there is a below zero chance.I would say put up an add that you're looking for fangs and hope someone will phone you as soon as one of their snakes died.
Urucone
SA Reptiles Member

Postby eyed_lizard » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:56 pm

I remember there was a guy some time ago that was looking for snake skins for his bow or something...
anyway... but remember one thing guys, snakes do change their fangs and they do grow back, so it is not completely impossible, but getting it I would agree will be somewhat of a problem... why will he receive a fine for that?
Take the entire roadkill home boil the skeleton in vinegar or something or the other and you sorted, just don't get nailed by it... the bigger problem.
eyed_lizard

Postby Urucone » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Believe me playing with indiginous reptiles (without permits), you're hands will get burned sometime
Some provinces, you can keep indiginous for example natal :smt021 , but in gauteng and a few other provinces, they get so exited, I can't give you the precise fact's but I know that you'll probably get in trouble for the fangs
Urucone
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:49 pm

What rubbish are you guys up to today.

Snake fangs are plentiful. Snakes shed them all the time. Anyone with vipers can look through the faeces and be able to provide you with fangs. The other species are more difficult to find.

In most provinces even indigenous fangs will not need permits. No problem with removing them from road kill either. The fangs can be pulled out at the road side and the carcass removed from the road and tossed into the bush so that other animals can eat it. Why waste something other scavengers could feed on?

Removing from live snakes would just be stupid and we assume none of our members will partake in something like that.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby eyed_lizard » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:13 pm

I though it gets digested?
eyed_lizard

Postby mailjvdb » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:22 pm

Bushviper wrote:The fangs can be pulled out at the road side and the carcass removed from the road and tossed into the bush so that other animals can eat it. Why waste something other scavengers could feed on?

Doing this also protects our fury,and non fury, scavengers from being run over by other cars while trying to grab a easy meal... I usually try to remove such "opportunities" from the road if, and when ever I can. Lol, now everyone is going to think I'm the guy from Wrong Turn, hahaha :lol:
www.deviantexotics.co.za
mailjvdb
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mailjvdb » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:30 pm

I don't know where to get snake fangs, but damn, owl regurgitations is interesting... I have found the weirdest little bones and sculls in there! I even found a scull resembling that of what appears to be a carnivorous bat once, makes cool additions to small Tarantula cages when properly sterilized. Just a thought I wanted to share :D
www.deviantexotics.co.za
mailjvdb
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:43 pm

I find fangs in almost every adder turd I inspect (which is most)
Rob Deans

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~Dale Carnegie
Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Postby eyed_lizard » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:47 pm

... you feeling ok mailjvdb?
lol just kidding, we do that as well, owl, hyena, jackal,etc droppings...
But what I found most interesting, if you feel to be otherwise, we found 2 agamas in limpopo I mentioned this somewhere else...
and the one died from something...
Anyway, what I then did was a placed the carcass in a tub with some small crickets, actually allot of crickets, and they clean it for you right down to the bone. :D looks cool!
And its easy as well lol... though the smell can be a bit overwhelming for a short while.
eyed_lizard

Next

Return to General Discussions