some mysterious clues from reptile world

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

some mysterious clues from reptile world

Postby mahi » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:40 pm

"Some species, such as some snails, practice sex change: adults start out male, then become female (See also sex reversal). In tropical clown fish, the dominant individual in a group becomes female while the other ones are male, and bluehead wrasses (Thalassoma bifasciatum) are the reverse. In the marine worm (Bonellia viridis), larvae become males if they make physical contact with a female, and females if they end up on the bare sea floor. This is triggered by the presence of a chemical produced by the females, bonellin. Some species, however, have no sex-determination system. Hermaphrodites include the common earthworm and certain species of snails. A few species of fish, reptiles, and insects reproduce by parthenogenesis and are female altogether. There are some reptiles, such as the boa constrictor and komodo dragon that can reproduce sexually and asexually, depending if a mate is available"(ref –man is the extension of woman)
The main hypothesis discussed in this book is that, if a woman lives long enough she will be converted into a man physically. A similar thing can also be stated about man. It is wrong to categorize humankind into two genders as it implicates that they are extremely dissimilar and physically opposite to each other. Man and woman are just two different stages of one developmental process. And physically they are very similar. The ideas presented may sound unconventional but Dr. Fulzele implores readers to consider his point of view with an open mind. “Your world will not change if you do not agree with me. But if you agree with me, how does it change your world? If more people agree with you and me, how does it change our world? The possibilities are limitless.”
mahi
SA Reptiles Member

Re: some mysterious clues from reptile world

Postby najarw » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:47 am

I'm guessing that the psychology of snails and worms is not highly developed or has a different basis to that of humans (my hypothosis).
The psychological make up in humans is very complex and there is a vast difference between male and females in this respect. Although we all have a common ancestor I think the divergence at the level of mammals is a major split in survival strategy.
I am getting older now and do not feel the urge to shop, talk irrationally and excessively or drive erradically so for me it puts a dampner on this hypothosis unless of course the Dr is looking for an excuse to wear womans underwear.
najarw
SA Reptiles Member

Postby sgmpanza5 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:44 am

@Mahi - It is not wrong to categorize humankind as males and females because that is the absolute truth and fact - in humankind there are males and females. The two genders are not at different developmental stages where someday one gender will become like the other. You will use science to prove your hypothesis, I will use religion to prove mine because true science (emphasis added on "true") is true religion. Man and woman, were created differently and they will always be like that. Humans will never reproduce asexually (it was never part of the plan). Gender is an essential part in one's existence.
sgmpanza5
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Westley Price » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:22 am

I dont mean to burst anyone's bubbles, but Mahi is most likely a spammer who just wanted to make a decent first post, so he copied a little extract from Wikipedia to entertain us.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Bushviper » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:24 am

It was fun while it lasted anyway.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby mental-tree » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:15 am

mahi wrote:"Some species, such as some snails, practice sex change: adults start out male, then become female (See also sex reversal). In tropical clown fish, the dominant individual in a group becomes female while the other ones are male, and bluehead wrasses (Thalassoma bifasciatum) are the reverse. In the marine worm (Bonellia viridis), larvae become males if they make physical contact with a female, and females if they end up on the bare sea floor. This is triggered by the presence of a chemical produced by the females, bonellin. Some species, however, have no sex-determination system. Hermaphrodites include the common earthworm and certain species of snails. A few species of fish, reptiles, and insects reproduce by parthenogenesis and are female altogether. There are some reptiles, such as the boa constrictor and komodo dragon that can reproduce sexually and asexually, depending if a mate is available"(ref –man is the extension of woman)
The main hypothesis discussed in this book is that, if a woman lives long enough she will be converted into a man physically. A similar thing can also be stated about man. It is wrong to categorize humankind into two genders as it implicates that they are extremely dissimilar and physically opposite to each other. Man and woman are just two different stages of one developmental process. And physically they are very similar. The ideas presented may sound unconventional but Dr. Fulzele implores readers to consider his point of view with an open mind. “Your world will not change if you do not agree with me. But if you agree with me, how does it change your world? If more people agree with you and me, how does it change our world? The possibilities are limitless.”

Good share, thanks for share.

sgmpanza5 wrote:@Mahi - You will use science to prove your hypothesis, I will use religion to prove mine because true science (emphasis added on "true") is true religion. Man and woman, were created differently and they will always be like that. Humans will never reproduce asexually (it was never part of the plan). Gender is an essential part in one's existence.

You clearly don't know what science is :smt011
mental-tree
SA Reptiles Member

Postby sgmpanza5 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:42 pm

@ Mental-free. I really don't want this to turn to a religious debate (this forum isn't the right place for that) but for your information I actually know alot about science (maybe more than you) and religion
sgmpanza5
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Discussions