where can I shame someones name

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

where can I shame someones name

Postby sand boa » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:50 pm

Hi all, I've recently done a deal and the guy has done me In, where can I shame his name? So he doesn't do it to someone else
sand boa
SA Reptiles Member

Re: where can I shame someones name

Postby Amphibian » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:04 pm

I am not sure there is a specific platform devoted to shaming people who are unethical.
Why not explain the situation here without revealing the persons name first...sometimes these things are just simple misunderstandings.
"When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic.
We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity" – Dale Carnegie
Amphibian
SA Reptiles Member

Postby croteseeker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Is this person active on any reptile classifieds' site? Many of them have a "Board of Inquiry" section for just such a thing.
" a squat, scaly worm with, 'don't touch,' on one end and, 'that's why,' on the other."

-Thomas Palmer
croteseeker
SA Reptiles Member

Postby sgmpanza5 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:08 am

I agree with Amphibian, it's important to get all the facts before one accuses another. A man's (or woman) reputation is their biggest treasure (dont' mind the philosophy). What happened? PS: also state/show your evidence.........................
sgmpanza5
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:57 am

Explain to this person that you are unhappy with your dealing with him (assuming it's a he) and you need it sorted out. You are giving him an opportunity to respond so that this issue can be settled amicably. If this opportunity is not taken and used before the end of the week you will go public with his name and your issue with him with the intention of warning other people about dealing with him. If it gets this far keep any potentially defamatory reports absolutely factual and unemotional. Keep records of any communications with him. If I'm a potential customer of his (assuming that's the nature of the deal) I would like to know where the pitfalls are and I'm sure anyone else would too.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Bushviper » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:11 am

It would be a good idea if you place the entire complaint here without mentioning his name. Then others can voice their opinions if you are justified in feeling upset over the deal. If you do not have a response by the end of the week then you can mention his name.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby sand boa » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:08 pm

Tahnks for the comments, I'm rather gonna give him the option to sort out this mess and if he doesn't he will lose me and other parties involved, as business associates, thanks for all the advice
sand boa
SA Reptiles Member

Postby sand boa » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:08 pm

Sorry I wrote so quick I spelled thanks wrong, sorry
sand boa
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Discussions