Department of Agriculture - Am i in trouble?

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Department of Agriculture - Am i in trouble?

Postby PieterFunHeerden » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi,

We were given a small turtle / tortoise over the weekend for my daughters birthday. We sent it back as i said we need to get a permit first.
I inquired with the Department of Agriculture and Rural development about a permit. They are now trying to get the address of the person that wanted to give it to us. With some probing, it seems they need it to go give them a fine.
I tried to do the right thing here in contacting them, but now it looks like i have set something in motion that i did not want too. The person that i would have given it too me, got it from another person.

What can i do? I dont want to get anyone in trouble. They are telling me that they will not close the investigation until i give the the address. Seems that they are telling me that they wi.l be coming to my house, and not providing them with the info can make me get into trouble. I do not know the address, but i know the person.
PieterFunHeerden
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Department of Agriculture - Am i in trouble?

Postby Ales » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:17 pm

Simply keep telling them that you do not know the address and that the person (your friend) has stopped answering your calls. I see it very unlikely that you could get into any trouble, they're just trying to pressure you.
What a world....
Ales
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Department of Agriculture - Am i in trouble?

Postby TonyK » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:42 pm

Wait till you see the court order.If they dont have a search warrent to enter your house then just tell them to go get one first.
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Discussions