My Second Ball Python

If it has a pelvis and spurs, you can post about it here.

View Gallery

My Second Ball Python

Postby mental-tree » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:21 am

Hi Guys,

I got my second BP last week Friday. It's a two year old "normal male. The reason I have put the word normal in inverted commas is that his coloration is quite different to that of my normal female. Where the female has more of a yellow coloration with prominent "alien faces" the male has more of a dirty white coloration and the alien faces aren't that prominent. Is it normal for them to lose colour as they get older or is there just the possibility of different coloration among normal BP's? Pic of the new boy is bellow :D

PS. That was his setup with his previous owner. I have him a a nice big tank now :)
mental-tree
SA Reptiles Member

Re: My Second Ball Python

Postby Blake » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:56 am

The paterns and colours can and do vary quite a lot in normal ball pythons.
Blake
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mental-tree » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Also if anyone can give some advise, when I got him he had quite a bit of old shed stuck on his tail. After soaking him in warm water the shed came off however the tip of his tail is a little bit raw. Should I just leave it to heal up on its own or is there something I can buy to put on the raw area. The area that is raw is literally only the tip, about 1mm squared. Still wouldn't want that to manifest into something worse.
mental-tree
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Urucone » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:14 pm

If it will make you feel better, take a little bit of "Betadine" or "dermadine" mix it with a little bit of water and dab the raw area with cotton.
Remove all the substrate and put the guy on news paper and leave the guy alone for a week, ball pythons have the tendency to take a while to settle in.
Good luck with the new guy.
as long as you keep quiet, no one will notice that your dumb
Urucone
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mental-tree » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:03 am

Put him on news paper as soon as I got him. Other substrates require too much effort to keep clean :P He seems to be settled in quite well, going to try feed him tonight.
mental-tree
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Pythons and Boas